Author Topic: Crisis of confidence in U.S. Marine Corps as Biden nominates new commandant  (Read 89 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Crisis of confidence in U.S. Marine Corps as Biden nominates new commandant
Concerns have been raised regarding DEI programs and the capacity of the Marine Corps to be prepared while getting rid of military equipment.

President Joe Biden's pick to lead the Marine Corps is raising concern among war hawks and others about whether his appointment will continue what they see as an ongoing effort to strip the military branch of its internal and external might and prowess.

Gen. Eric Smith, now the assistant commandant for the Marines, was nominated last week by the White House to be the next Marine Corps commandant.

The current commandant is Gen. David Berger, who is finishing his four-year term and preparing for retirement.

Berger and Smith worked together on transforming the Marine Corps to be more high-tech, which has included giving all 400-plus of its tanks to the Army.

https://justthenews.com/government/security/crisis-confidence-us-marine-corps-biden-nominates-new-commandant
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson