Author Topic: How to Remove the Pride Flag Microsoft Added to the Windows 11 Taskbar  (Read 2921 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I'm kinda disappointed I still don't see it. Rebooted and everything.

Me either....although I'm not complaining..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Fortunately it is in the Widget window, and I'll go for weeks without clicking it.

If you go into widget settings, maybe there's a way to turn it off there.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If you go into widget settings, maybe there's a way to turn it off there.

No, but I don't care, other than MS ability to make changes like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Even uber-politically-correct Apple didn't put a "pride flag" into the menu bar...!

Online Kamaji

Even uber-politically-correct Apple didn't put a "pride flag" into the menu bar...!

I was wondering about that.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Steve Jobs spoke a lot about mixing apples politics and business and not mixing them.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Found on 4chan

Offline Hoodat

Win11:  I just found out how to align the task bar back to the left side of the screen where it belongs instead of in the middle.  Don't see any rainbow flags though.

Microsoft says there is no way to hide it, which tells me that there absolutely positively IS a way to hide it.  Also found out how to pull out the product key for Office 2016 (which Microsoft also says is impossible).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

That being said, if it's displaying "celebrate pride" when when one hovers over it, that might be a search term in the regedit app that could be used to find it.

Yep... Though you might need something that can strain the carrots better than regedit.exe .

Online Kamaji

Yep... Though you might need something that can strain the carrots better than regedit.exe .

What's your favored tool?

Offline roamer_1

What's your favored tool?

Probably Wise for scuba diving. I use several, mostly tweakers that do specific things better than the others.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well this is an old article, but did Windows also do this on Window's 10 or lower?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well this is an old article, but did Windows also do this on Window's 10 or lower?
Not on mine, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

Not on mine, anyway.

I'm not seeing it on my version of Win10, either.