Author Topic: NYC Mayor Plans to House Illegal Immigrants in Houses of Worship, Private Homes  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Plans to House Illegal Immigrants in Houses of Worship, Private Homes

By Caden Pearson
June 5, 2023

NYC Mayor Plans to House Illegal Immigrants in Houses of Worship, Private Homes

New York City Mayor Eric Adams, a Democrat, announced a plan on Monday to house illegal immigrants in houses of worship and private homes as the city struggles to cope with arrivals from the southern border.

With Republican governors in Southern border states sending illegal immigrants north to sanctuary cities like New York, Adams has turned to the faith community, proposing a plan to utilize houses of worship as temporary shelters for asylum-seekers as the city struggles to cope.

“As we continue to tackle this humanitarian crisis, I’m proud that through this new partnership with New York Disaster Interfaith Services, New York City’s faith community will be able to provide shelter to asylum-seekers in need at houses of worship throughout the five boroughs,” Adams said in a statement on Monday.

Under the two-year partnership, up to 50 houses of worship or faith-based spaces will provide overnight accommodation for up to 19 single adult men at each location. The normal activities of these spaces will continue during the day, while the city plans to establish five “daytime centers” for additional programming.

https://www.ntd.com/nyc-mayor-plans-to-house-illegal-immigrants-in-houses-of-worship-private-homes_923707.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji