General Category > Weather

New York City’s air pollution among the world’s worst as Canada wildfire smoke shrouds Northeast

(1/7) > >>

Gefn:
CNN  —  none
New York City topped the list of the world’s worst air pollution Tuesday morning as harmful smoke wafted south from more than a hundred wildfires burning in Quebec.

Smoke from Canada’s fires has periodically engulfed the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic for more than a week, raising concerns over the harms of persistent poor air quality. New York City’s air quality index peaked above 150 on Tuesday, according to IQair – a level of pollution that is “unhealthy” for sensitive groups like the elderly, young children and those with respiratory issues.

New York City was still among the top five cities with the worst air pollution in the world Tuesday afternoon, IQair reported, alongside Dhaka, Bangladesh; Jakarta, Indonesia; and New Delhi, India.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/06/us/new-york-air-pollution-canada-wildfires-climate/index.html

Gefn:
You can’t even see the skyline in the photo.

@Kamaji

roamer_1:
Welcome to my world... When the fires are raging out here, I won't be able to see the mountain right behind my house for a month or more... So thick you can feel it on your teeth.

Your government at its best.

Gefn:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on June 06, 2023, 11:23:12 pm ---Welcome to my world... When the fires are raging out here, I won't be able to see the mountain right behind my house for a month or more... So thick you can feel it on your teeth.

Your government at its best.

--- End quote ---

888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Gefn on June 06, 2023, 11:11:15 pm ---You can’t even see the skyline in the photo.

@Kamaji

--- End quote ---

It’s pretty dark now, just from the smoke. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version