Author Topic: It’s Not Reparations Being Demanded; It’s Something Quite Different  (Read 530 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
June 6, 2023
It’s Not Reparations Being Demanded; It’s Something Quite Different
By Vince Coyner

Democrats frequently talk about compensation for slavery and Jim Crow in the form of reparations for black Americans. Indeed, House member Cori Bush recently proposed $14 trillion as a good place to start.

Any reparations plan would be extraordinarily complex. First, if reparations are to be paid, to whom would they be paid? To every one of America’s 45 million blacks? Would that include the 4.5 million blacks who immigrated after Jim Crow was gone? Should the 33 million black Americans age 50 or below whose lives have all occurred since the Voting and Civil Rights Acts passed? How about black families whose ancestors lived in northern states where slavery was largely outlawed before America was a nation, and Jim Crow never existed? How about blacks from states like California and Idaho that had neither slavery nor Jim Crow? Or those of mixed origins with one black parent? Is one black grandparent sufficient, or would it have to be at least 2 of 4? Do black families who earn $200,000 a year still qualify for reparations? How about America’s 1.5 million black millionaires?

If reparations are indeed to be paid, the next question is, who would pay them? America has approximately 250 million white people. Would all of them have to pay? Would those include those whose ancestors arrived after the Civil and Voting Rights Acts passed or whose ancestors arrived after the Civil War, as many Italians and Irish did? What about the 155 million or so white Americans who are 50 or younger and were born after Jim Crow was history? How about those descended from one of the 360,000 white Northern soldiers who lost their lives fighting to end slavery? Or those who live in states that never had slavery or Jim Crow? Do the whites of Wyoming, where the black population is 0.9%, pay the same as Louisiana, where it’s 31%?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/06/its_not_reparations_being_demanded_its_something_quite_different.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Those descended from slaves of black slave owners should most certainly be denied any thought of reparations. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

No reparations, period.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Every living person who has legally owned a slave on these shores should pay reparations to any living person(s) who have been legally enslaved here.

Sounds fair to me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Every living person who has legally owned a slave on these shores should pay reparations to any living person(s) who have been legally enslaved here.

Sounds fair to me.

Ok.  Fair enough.

Online andy58-in-nh

The "War on Poverty" was a multi-billion dollar disaster than made things far worse for black people, devastating their cities and destroying their families.

That's a far better subject for "reparations" than slavery, which ended six generations ago, largely due to the efforts of white Republicans.

The difference is: liberal Democrats are the ones who would need to pay for the atrocious government policies that presently, and most severely afflict black people.

Guess who's not paying?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"It’s Not Reparations Being Demanded; It’s Something Quite Different"

Correct.
It's submission and eternal subservience.

Offline berdie

Sounds fair to me.

Sounds more than fair.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
June 6, 2023
It’s Not Reparations Being Demanded; It’s Something Quite Different
By Vince Coyner

Democrats frequently talk about compensation for slavery and Jim Crow in the form of reparations for black Americans. Indeed, House member Cori Bush recently proposed $14 trillion as a good place to start.

Any reparations plan would be extraordinarily complex. First, if reparations are to be paid, to whom would they be paid? To every one of America’s 45 million blacks? Would that include the 4.5 million blacks who immigrated after Jim Crow was gone? Should the 33 million black Americans age 50 or below whose lives have all occurred since the Voting and Civil Rights Acts passed? How about black families whose ancestors lived in northern states where slavery was largely outlawed before America was a nation, and Jim Crow never existed? How about blacks from states like California and Idaho that had neither slavery nor Jim Crow? Or those of mixed origins with one black parent? Is one black grandparent sufficient, or would it have to be at least 2 of 4? Do black families who earn $200,000 a year still qualify for reparations? How about America’s 1.5 million black millionaires?

If reparations are indeed to be paid, the next question is, who would pay them? America has approximately 250 million white people. Would all of them have to pay? Would those include those whose ancestors arrived after the Civil and Voting Rights Acts passed or whose ancestors arrived after the Civil War, as many Italians and Irish did? What about the 155 million or so white Americans who are 50 or younger and were born after Jim Crow was history? How about those descended from one of the 360,000 white Northern soldiers who lost their lives fighting to end slavery? Or those who live in states that never had slavery or Jim Crow? Do the whites of Wyoming, where the black population is 0.9%, pay the same as Louisiana, where it’s 31%?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/06/its_not_reparations_being_demanded_its_something_quite_different.html

@rangerrebew

They don't give a damn about ANY of the legitimate questions and concerns you raised.

ALL they care about is "Gimme mah monies,racist craka!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

"It’s Not Reparations Being Demanded; It’s Something Quite Different"

Correct.
It's submission and eternal subservience.

I sadly must agree.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

It’s Not Reparations Being Demanded;[/quote

Correct.

It's votes for the left being bought using taxpayer dollars.

Not to mention all the millions that will be paid to the NAACP law firms and other scum that will get paid for handling the claims of the illiterate bums applying.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

No reparations, period.

Exactly

When we debate the the issue of slavery reparations, that is suggesting that there’s at least a possibility for reparations

The answer should just be no, no, and more no end of discussion
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy