Author Topic: Progressive NYC pol Latrice Walker fined $3,300 for campaign violations  (Read 328 times)

Offline Kamaji

Progressive NYC pol Latrice Walker fined $3,300 for campaign violations

By Nolan Hicks
June 5, 2023

The city’s Campaign Finance Board has hit Assemblywoman Latrice Walker with $3,300 in fines for violating the Big Apple’s political spending regulations during her ill-fated 2019 run for public advocate, records show.

Regulators determined that the Brooklyn Democrat — best known as one of the main authors and chief defenders of New York’s controversial bail reform law — accepted contributions in excess of the city limits and failed to disclose, according to a CFB statement on Monday.

Walker netted just 366 ballots in the February special election that year, just a fraction of the nearly 42,000 votes received by the victor, Public Advocate Jumaane Williams, in the low-turnout contest.

“This occurred four years ago during my brief run for public advocate. This is a city matter. I accept responsibility and I will do my best to make sure this never happens again,” Walker said in a statement.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/05/nyc-pol-latrice-walker-fined-3300-for-campaign-violations/

Offline Kamaji

Isn't that exactly the same sort of thing for which Trump is being prosecuted?  Why isn't this b*tch being prosecuted?!?!?!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Isn't that exactly the same sort of thing for which Trump is being prosecuted?  Why isn't this b*tch being prosecuted?!?!?!

■ Black
■ Female
■ Democrat
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

■ Black
■ Female
■ Democrat

I know; it was a largely rhetorical question.