Author Topic: Comer to hold FBI Director Wray in contempt of Congress after viewing Biden document alleging crimin  (Read 249 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Comer to hold FBI Director Wray in contempt of Congress after viewing Biden document alleging criminal scheme
Comer said the FBI did not comply with a subpoena demanding the document be turned over
By Brooke Singman | Fox News

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer said he will begin the process of holding FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt of Congress, despite viewing and being briefed by bureau officials on the subpoenaed document alleging Joe Biden was involved in a criminal bribery scheme on Capitol Hill Monday.

The FBI brought the document in question--an FBI-generated FD-1023 form that allegedly describes a $5 million criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Joe Biden and a foreign national relating to the exchange of money for policy decisions--to Capitol Hill Monday for Comer, R-Ky., and Ranking Member Jamie Raskin, D-Md., to review in a secure SCIF Monday after a back-and-forth between committee Republicans and the bureau over whether it was in compliance of his subpoena.

The FBI initially offered to allow Comer to review the document at FBI headquarters, but amid Comer's threats to hold FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt of Congress, the bureau offered additional accommodations to bring the physical document to Capitol Hill.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-oversight-lawmakers-briefed-by-fbi-on-biden-document-alleging-criminal-bribery-scheme
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Despite the accommodation, Comer said Monday that the FBI is still not in compliance with the subpoena to turn over the physical document to the committee.

"At the briefing, the FBI again refused to hand over the unclassified record to the custody of the House Oversight Committee," Comer said. "And we will now initiate contempt of Congress hearings this Thursday."

"Given the severity and complexity of the allegations contained within this record, Congress must investigate further," Comer continued. "The investigation is not dead. This is only the beginning."

Good on Comer for getting to view the document and still holding Wray in contempt!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Good on Comer for getting to view the document and still holding Wray in contempt!

I bet that Wray either did a "switcheroo" on Comer and did not actually produce the document, or else it was completely redacted.  Something torqued Comer off for sure this morning when he met with the FBI at the Capitol.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The J6 committee repeatedly forced people to cough up documents without any due process, at the point of a gun if necessary, and now it's going to be applied right back at them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The J6 committee repeatedly forced people to cough up documents without any due process, at the point of a gun if necessary, and now it's going to be applied right back at them.

The J6 committee was a criminal enterprise from the instant it was formed.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien