Author Topic: US military too politicized, likely general election voters say: Poll  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US military too politicized, likely general election voters say: Poll

JUNE 04, 2023 LIZ LAWRENCE
Most Americans believe the United States military has become too politicized, according to a new poll from America’s New Majority Project.

Over 80% of likely general election voters agreed the military “should focus on defending America from foreign threats and avoid inserting itself into heavily politicized social issues,” the poll found.

“Mainstream candidates and activists are on much firmer ground with a message of keeping the military focused on defending America and avoiding politics than they are focusing on the specifics of gender ideology and critical race theory, which alienates younger and minority voters,” America’s New Majority Project said in a statement to American Military News.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/06/us-military-too-politicized-likely-general-election-voters-say-poll/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is just a smear campaign by the vast right-wing conspiracy to embarrass Gen. Milley as the old soldier slowly fades away into wokeness wokeness land. buh bye
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It's pretty common among conservatives to blast Republican members of Congress for doing nothing but talking and holding hearings.  The unfortunate political reality is that sometimes, they don't really have the effective power to do much more than that when the other party controls the White House.

Congress deserves some credit for this Pentagon DEI backpedaling.  Aggressive questioning of civilian and military leadership brought to public light DEI practices that offended many Americans, and which the brass could neither defend nor justify.  Generals who claimed that this stuff wasn't happening were ut on the spot under oath, and got stuck.

Score one for the good guys.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 07:17:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »