Author Topic: Biden Border Approval Reaches New Low in Latest Polling  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Border Approval Reaches New Low in Latest Polling
« on: June 05, 2023, 11:17:02 am »
Biden Border Approval Reaches New Low in Latest Polling
But congressional Republicans are struggling to make their case to the American people

By Andrew R. Arthur on June 1, 2023

The latest Fox News post-Title 42 polling is out, and it contains bad news for the president: Approval of his border policies has reached a new low. That said, the poll also shows congressional Republicans are struggling to make their border-security case to the American people and are thus at risk of blowing one of their best arguments against a second Biden term.

Fieldwork for that poll involving 1,001 registered voters between May 19 and 22 was conducted by Braun Research under the joint direction of Beacon Research, a Democratic opinion outfit, and Shaw & Company Research, a Republican one. The margin of error was plus or minus three percentage points.

Biden Overall Approval. Some 42 percent of respondents approved of the president’s overall performance (15 percent “strongly” approving) while 58 percent disapproved (41 percent strongly). That’s bad news for Biden, who had “enjoyed” 44 percent approval (vs. 55 percent disapproval) in the same poll just one month earlier.

In fact, Biden’s just two percentage points above his lowest approval rating (40 percent) in the same poll conducted in mid-July 2022. That said, in some ways the latest results are worse for the president, because in that July poll, 16 percent of respondents strongly approved of the job he was doing, while the same percentage as in the latest poll — 41 percent — strongly disapproved of his performance.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Biden-Border-Approval-Reaches-New-Low-Latest-Polling
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson