Author Topic: US Navy says Iran Revolutionary Guard fast-attack boats 'harassed' ship in Strait of Hormuz  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy says Iran Revolutionary Guard fast-attack boats 'harassed' ship in Strait of Hormuz
Story by By JON GAMBRELL, Associated Press • Yesterday 8:36 PM

This still image taken from surveillance video from a U.S. Navy Boeing P-8 Poseidon shows three Iranian Revolutionary Guard fast-attack vessels near a commercial ship in the Strait of Hormuz Sunday, June 4, 2023. The U.S. Navy said Monday, June 5, its sailors and the United Kingdom Royal Navy came to the aid of a ship in the crucial Strait of Hormuz after Iran's Revolutionary Guard "harassed" it. Iran did not immediately acknowledge the incident. (U.S. Navy via AP)
© Provided by The Associated Press

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The U.S. Navy said Monday its sailors and the United Kingdom Royal Navy came to the aid of a ship in the crucial Strait of Hormuz after Iran's Revolutionary Guard “harassed” it.

Three fast-attack Guard vessels with armed troops aboard approached the merchant ship at a close distance Sunday afternoon, the U.S. Navy said in a statement. It offered black-and-white images it said came from a U.S. Navy Boeing P-8 Poseidon overhead, which showed three small ships close to the commercial ship.

The U.S. Navy's guided-missile destroyer USS McFaul and the Royal Navy's frigate HMS Lancaster responded to the incident, with the Lancaster launching a helicopter.

“The situation deescalated approximately an hour later when the merchant vessel confirmed the fast-attack craft departed the scene,” the Navy said. “The merchant ship continued transiting the Strait of Hormuz without further incident.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-navy-says-iran-revolutionary-guard-fast-attack-boats-harassed-ship-in-strait-of-hormuz/ar-AA1c7FYB?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d5e20d10e9d2400288fa0d10a9a0bcd1&ei=13
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Secdef says China is not going to be allowed to bully the US.  Apparently if Iran does, that's okay. :truce:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson