Author Topic: Lies We Shouldn’t Have Told Our Children  (Read 153 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lies We Shouldn’t Have Told Our Children
« on: June 04, 2023, 10:46:46 pm »
June 2, 2023
Lies We Shouldn’t Have Told Our Children
By Deanna Chadwell

Well, Santa Claus for one -- the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, the Great Pumpkin, etc., but none of those are as damaging as others that we have consistently pounded into our kids’ thinking. Let’s look at some of them:

1) You can become anything you want to be. Theoretically that’s nice. We want our kids to dream, to reach for the stars. We fail, however, because we don’t finish the lesson. We don’t point out that there are some limits. Why should a person like myself (I have a singing range of about three notes and very little control over which of those notes I hit.) spend her life trying to be a singer? Shouldn’t reality appear here somewhere?

We don’t really want our kids to spend their lives banging their heads against impossibilities. That’s why this hairbrained idea of transsexualism has caught on. After all, if you can be whatever you want to be, there’s no reason a young man’s urge to strut in stilettos shouldn’t be entirely fulfilled. Right? One way to test an idea is to stretch it to its extremes and if it still holds up, it may be valid. Obviously, we can toss this one on the ash heap.

2) You should make the world a better place. What’s wrong with that? For one, it’s impossible. We can each make an effort to make our own little patch of society as pleasant and productive as possible, but change the world? That’s a tall order. It’s also way too vague to be useful. What is “better?” By whose standards? How do we define “the world?” How much of the world? For how long? At whose expense? What do we mean by “change?” And, most importantly, who will be in charge?How many human beings have successfully made this world better? Jesus Christ, definitely. The heroes listed in Hebrews 11? Yes, but most of them had no idea at the time that that was what they were doing. They tried to live and maintain a relationship with God, but mostly they got in trouble.

We can say that whoever invented the wheel did the world a service. Henry Ford’s invention of the assembly line certainly made life easier and more fun. Does that count as an improvement? Steve Jobs and Bill Gates certainly changed the world, but is it better? They certainly changed things as fundamentally as Gutenberg did, but is it better? Can’t we just raise our kids to work honestly and productively, to marry and raise a family and pay their debts and be generally kind to others?

3) You are the product of blind, random mutations.

You have no purpose or meaning. That’s a doozy -- especially when we couple it with the last lie. We accept without thinking what a profound effect that has on kids. Darwinian evolution is one of the most dangerous and debilitating falsehoods we’ve allowed in, and since we’ve permitted the school system to clothe that lie in a white lab coat and lionize all statements called “science,” we have left our kids in a very dark wood with no way out.

And, what’s worse is that our government, in order to cement the lie, spends billions of dollars each year to convince our kids that God isn’t. If, for 12 to 20+ years, we send them off to schools that are devoted to the myth of religious neutrality, where the God of the Bible is either never mentioned or openly attacked, why are we surprised that our children lose their way, lose their faith right when they need it the most? An hour of Sunday School a week isn’t going to counter that massive indoctrination.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/06/lies_we_shouldnt_have_told_our_children.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Lies We Shouldn’t Have Told Our Children
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 11:13:04 pm »
Whoa! there Turbo. Slow that rocket down.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley