Author Topic: Private Cessna jet crashes in Virginia after it 'violated DC airspace' and sparked Pentagon to scram  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
None of that explains why a plane with all aboard dead would do a 180 degree turn in flight.
Hypoxia causes  increased breathing rate, headache, lightheadedness, dizziness, tingling or warm sensations, sweating, poor coordination, impaired judgment, tunnel vision, and euphoria, depending on the person.

Short of evidence to the contrary, and awaiting confirmation, it would appear that the pilot was (along with the rest of the folks on the plane) already suffering from hypoxia before they arrived, and managed to turn the plane toward 'home' and set the autopilot. 
The plane crashed as it ran out of fuel.
Impaired judgement and confusion could account for the reversal of heading. If that is the case, had they descended and landed at their original destination, chances are they would have made it.

This is just speculation on my part.

I will wait for the results of investigations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Hypoxia causes  increased breathing rate, headache, lightheadedness, dizziness, tingling or warm sensations, sweating, poor coordination, impaired judgment, tunnel vision, and euphoria, depending on the person.

Short of evidence to the contrary, and awaiting confirmation, it would appear that the pilot was (along with the rest of the folks on the plane) already suffering from hypoxia before they arrived, and managed to turn the plane toward 'home' and set the autopilot. 
The plane crashed as it ran out of fuel.
Impaired judgement and confusion could account for the reversal of heading. If that is the case, had they descended and landed at their original destination, chances are they would have made it.

This is just speculation on my part.

I will wait for the results of investigations.

:bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

An unexplained question is evidence of ... what?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Didn't that happen to a professional golfer about 25 years ago?  His plane went silent and then flew across most of the country before finally crashing; I think they determined that there was a loss of cabin pressure that basically knocked everyone out and made it impossible for them to recover.
Yes, thus my reference above to Payne Stewart. That was hard to watch in real time, as we just waited for the jet to run out of fuel. Fortunately, it landed in an unpopulated area; the pilot and all passengers had died painlessly before the plane hit the ground.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 10:21:37 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

MSN

WRIC Richmond reports:More via MSN
‘A very challenging accident site’: Plane crash investigator shares details of Cessna jet incident
Story by Tannock Blair • 4h ago

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — As the investigation continues, new details are being released in connection to a business jet that crashed in mountainous terrain in Nelson County Sunday afternoon.

According to authorities, a Cessna Citation 560 — a turbine twin-engine aircraft — took off from Elizabethtown, Tenn., and was headed to Long Island McArthur Airport in New York. During the en-route portion of the flight, the airplane became unresponsive, prompting F-16 fighter jets to be deployed from Joint Base Andrews in Maryland and intercept the private plane. The plane then crashed approximately 2-3 miles north of Montebello, Va. in heavily wooded and rural terrain around 3:30 p.m. Sunday.  ...

My bad.  I thought it crashed in Augusta County.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I read that one of the fighter pilots saw the Cessna pilot, who appeared to be unconscious. Sounded like a Payne Stewart type of situation to me.

Me too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Prominent Trump Donor's 'Entire Family' Killed in Plane Crash
By Charlie McCarthy    |   Monday, 05 June 2023 11:35 AM EDT
A man who has donated to former President Donald Trump and other Republicans says the four people killed when a private jet crashed into the mountains of Virginia included members of his family.

No survivors were found at the crash site, which resulted Sunday after the United States scrambled F-16 fighter jets in a supersonic chase of a light aircraft with an unresponsive pilot that violated airspace around Washington D.C.

John Rumpel told The Washington Post that his "entire family" — i.e. his daughter, a grandchild and nanny — was on board the Cessna Citation that crashed near Montebello, Virginia, around 3:30 p.m. Sunday. ...

Rumpel has a history of donations to Republican candidates and causes, including Trump, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga., according to Open Secrets.

Rumpel and his wife Barbara own Encore Motors of Melbourne, Florida. The jet that crashed was an Encore plane.

Barbara also is a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) Women's Leadership Forum.  ...
Newsmax

His and Mrs. Rumpel's political activties are not the least bit relevant to this plane crash (except there actually is proof on sabotage), but I guess it was too boring to describe him as a business owner.

Offline PeteS in CA

Montebello, VA is about 140 miles from the center of WashDC. Any reports on the altitude at which the Cessna was flying?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Kamaji

Montebello, VA is about 140 miles from the center of WashDC. Any reports on the altitude at which the Cessna was flying?

I think the tail number was:  N611VG

Source:  https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/314788

Some of the flight data is available from flightradar24.com, here:  https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n611vg#3093ec91

Online mountaineer

I love flightradar24. Fascinating. It looks like this jet maintained at 34,000 ft for quite a while before it started the descent.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I love flightradar24. Fascinating. It looks like this jet maintained at 34,000 ft for quite a while before it started the descent.
Plenty high enough for everyone to pass out from lack of oxygen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MOD3

Offline goatprairie

Prominent Trump Donor's 'Entire Family' Killed in Plane Crash
By Charlie McCarthy    |   Monday, 05 June 2023 11:35 AM EDT Newsmax

His and Mrs. Rumpel's political activties are not the least bit relevant to this plane crash (except there actually is proof on sabotage), but I guess it was too boring to describe him as a business owner.
Well, the writer of the article’s name is Charlie McCarthy. What do you expect from a dummy?

Offline PeteS in CA

This article is from a couple of days ago, https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/cessna-crash-virginia-june-5-2023 . About the only new details are that the crash site has been found, and investigators are working on scene. Apparently the aircraft crashed more or less nose-in (not multiple pieces over a mile(s)-long debris field).

Offline PeteS in CA

From https://www.cbsnews.com/news/plane-crash-virginia-4-died-military-jet-sonic-boom-faa/ :

The plane is not required to have a flight recorder, commonly referred to as a black box, but it is possible that it had one. Investigators were still searching for it as of Monday evening. There are, however, other pieces of avionics equipment that will have data that investigators can examine, Gerhardt said.

Investigators will look at when the pilot become unresponsive and why the aircraft flew the path that it did, he said. They will consider several factors that are routinely examined in such probes including the plane, its engines, weather conditions, pilot qualifications and maintenance records, he said.
A preliminary report will be released in 10 days and a final report will be released in 12 to 24 months, he said.
Flight tracking sites showed the plane suffered a rapid spiraling descent, dropping at one point at a rate of more than 30,000 feet per minute before crashing in the St. Mary's Wilderness.