Author Topic: Opposing Critical Race Theory Doesn't Make You a "White Supremacist"  (Read 454 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Opposing Critical Race Theory Doesn't Make You a "White Supremacist"

06/02/2023Julian Adorney

Kimberlé Crenshaw, one of the founders of critical race theory (CRT), recently decried what she called the “war on wokeness” (by which she seems to mean a war on CRT). According to her, this “war on wokeness” is “the road to an authoritarian state that’s paved through the history of white supremacy.”

It’s true that the “war on wokeness” has taken on authoritarian overtones of late. Many Republicans are rejecting the ideas of pluralism and free speech that underpin the American ideal and pushing through broad laws aimed at banning the teachings of CRT. In their desire to stop “wokeness,” these laws often muzzle dissenters and are so broadly written that they can throw the baby out with the bathwater. Free speech advocates have roundly condemned these laws and for good reason.

But it’s also true that critical race theory has serious problems. You don’t have to be a “white supremacist” or trying to promote an “authoritarian state” to be skeptical of CRT.

https://mises.org/wire/opposing-critical-race-theory-doesnt-make-you-white-supremacist
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Opposing Critical Race Theory Doesn't Make You a "White Supremacist"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 02:16:14 pm »
In this day and age, taking your dog for a walk and not picking up the poop makes you a white supremacist. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 02:39:27 pm »
CRT is revolutionary communist theory cloaked as civil rights.

CRT is a struggle to defeat, destroy, or deconstruct existing insitutions and societies to achieve a political and economic ends - the end of free market capitalism and the end of representative government.

Institutions and systems are not racist, people are.  Institutions and systems are created by people.  Institutions and systems that implement racist policies need to have the people who run them held to account.

CRT is also a repudiation of the Dem Party.  Many of the racist institutions and systems, especially in urban areas and in Blue States; are controlled by Dems.

Who controls public education?  Dems
Who controls public health?  Dems
Who controls public transportation?  Dems
Who controls diversity and inclusion programs?  Dems
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 09:56:18 pm »
Julian Adorney supposes:
"Opposing Critical Race Theory Doesn't Make You a "White Supremacist""

Fishrrman responds (with a 100% serious question):
"What if it does?"

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 12:01:09 am »
If opposing CRT automatically makes you a white supremacist, then wouldn't supporting CRT automatically make you a black supremacist?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 12:15:05 am »
Opposing Critical Race Theory Doesn't Make You a "White Supremacist"

06/02/2023Julian Adorney

Kimberlé Crenshaw, one of the founders of critical race theory (CRT), recently decried what she called the “war on wokeness” (by which she seems to mean a war on CRT). According to her, this “war on wokeness” is “the road to an authoritarian state that’s paved through the history of white supremacy.”

It’s true that the “war on wokeness” has taken on authoritarian overtones of late. Many Republicans are rejecting the ideas of pluralism and free speech that underpin the American ideal and pushing through broad laws aimed at banning the teachings of CRT. In their desire to stop “wokeness,” these laws often muzzle dissenters and are so broadly written that they can throw the baby out with the bathwater. Free speech advocates have roundly condemned these laws and for good reason.

But it’s also true that critical race theory has serious problems. You don’t have to be a “white supremacist” or trying to promote an “authoritarian state” to be skeptical of CRT.

https://mises.org/wire/opposing-critical-race-theory-doesnt-make-you-white-supremacist

Boy is she full of shit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 06:15:08 pm »
Boy is she full of shit.
"CRITICAL RACE THEORY ISN'T ALL BAD and there are concepts like intersectionality that can help us to recognize the struggles and advantages of people who don’t look like us"

So is the writer of the  article.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 02:22:06 pm »
"CRITICAL RACE THEORY ISN'T ALL BAD and there are concepts like intersectionality that can help us to recognize the struggles and advantages of people who don’t look like us"

So is the writer of the  article.

Fair enough.