Author Topic: Surging New England Energy Prices: No Surprise  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surging New England Energy Prices: No Surprise
« on: June 04, 2023, 01:57:13 pm »
Surging New England Energy Prices: No Surprise
By Steve Goreham |June 2nd, 2023

New England home heating and electricity prices are on the rise with no end in sight. Consumers paid record high energy bills last winter, even though the winter was not unusually cold. Shortages of natural gas and green energy policies will drive New England prices higher and raise the chance of electricity blackouts.

Residential energy bills in New England this year were the highest in history. The combination of electricity and natural gas heating bills exceeded $1,000 per month for an average-sized house in Massachusetts, even though winter temperatures in New England were warmer than average.

Eighty percent of homes in New England, which includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont, heat with fuels from oil and gas. The hydrocarbon fuel share of home heating is natural gas (39%), fuel oil and kerosene (33%), and propane or liquid petroleum gas (8%). Homes also use electricity (16%) and other sources (4%) for heat.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/06/02/surging-new-england-energy-prices-no-surprise/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Surging New England Energy Prices: No Surprise
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 03:31:24 pm »
They = Global Climate Change cult + Government

They shutdown the coal power generation plants (Salem, MA; Somerset, MA).
They shutdown the nuclear power generation plants (Yankee Rowe, Pilgrim I).
They won't allow existing natural gas generation plants to expand.
They won't allow the construction of additional natural gas delivery infrastructure.
They won't allow construction of additional high capacity transmission lines.
They put all their eggs in the Renewable Energy Basket, yet, Cape Wind and the Maine Electric Connector have not come online yet.
They've removed exisiting generation capacity without replacing it.
They've reduced net energy supply and capacity in New England; that means prices will go up.
They will blame "evil, greedy" utility companies (ala Elizabeth Warren, Ed Markey).
They will declare a crisis or emergency to demand Government price controls and subsidies.
They will double down on failed Renewable Energy investment to expedite pet renewable projects.
They will spend too much to solve too little.

More families are buring wood in suburban Boston during Winter to mitigate the increasing costs of heating their homes.

This is what happens in a state with one-party rule, and that party is owned by Limousine Liberal Oligarchs.

Global Climate Change is real.  It always has been real.  The Earth has warming and cooling cycles that have cause previous civilizations to fall and for others to rise.

De-carbonization is 100% USDA Grade A Global Climate Change Anti-Western Communist bull$h!t.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Surging New England Energy Prices: No Surprise
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 08:22:13 pm »
New York banned fraccing...

Wouldn't allow Natural Gas pipelines...

Basically isolated New England from the energy supply chain, with the exception of electricity and petroleum products brought in by truck, train, or ship (more expensive means of transport than pipelines).

Contrast with a $300 peak winter electricity and Natural Gas bill in a State that generates enough electricity to export half of it, and produces over 1 Million Barrels of oil per day and 68 trillion cubic feet of Natural Gas in 2020 (last number I have available).  Keep in mind that North Dakota's climate is a mite colder than New England's on average.

Policy has a price, but the taxpayers/consumers are the ones who end up paying it, not the people making it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 08:23:15 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis