Author Topic: Pentagon Grant to U.S. University That Feeds China Military Research Comes Under Congressional Micro  (Read 389 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon Grant to U.S. University That Feeds China Military Research Comes Under Congressional Microscope

Adam Kredo
June 1, 2023
Lawmakers are investigating a New York university that received a million-dollar Pentagon grant for missile research it conducts alongside an institution with ties to the Chinese military.

Defend SCOTUS
The House Select Committee on China is investigating Alfred University’s partnership with China’s University of Geosciences in Wuhan, which conducts classified military research for China’s army. The Department of Defense recently awarded Alfred University $13.5 million to study hypersonic missiles. Because the University of Geosciences "performs similar research" for China’s People’s Liberations Army (PLA), lawmakers say Alfred risks exposing sensitive military information to Beijing.

"You are conducting advanced, hypersonic weapons-related research while actively partnering with a Chinese university that performs similar research for the PLA," the House Select Committee on China wrote in a Wednesday letter to Alfred University president Mark Zupan, a copy of which was obtained by the Washington Free Beacon. "It is vital to U.S. national interests that sensitive military research is safeguarded from our foreign adversaries."

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/pentagon-grant-to-u-s-university-that-feeds-china-military-research-is-under-congressional-microscope/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:11:39 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

This is how they do it.  Cut the funding!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pentagon Grant to U.S. University That Feeds China Military Research Comes Under Congressional Microscope

@rangerrebew

There is nothing new about this. The Chinese were doing this 20+ years ago when I was a letter carrier for USPS. Had a bunch of Chinese "exchange students" living in a big house on my route,and they were sending back big packages of text books and I assume research papers every week. I even reported this to the postal inspectors,and was told to mind my own business.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!