General Category > Elections 2024

Early primary state voters explain why they support DeSantis over Trump: 'Better chance of winning'

(1/3) > >>

libertybele:
Early primary state voters explain why they support DeSantis over Trump: 'Better chance of winning'

Greenville, SC – Voters in the early presidential primary state of South Carolina are sounding off on why they support Republican presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over former President Donald Trump.

Fox News Digital spoke with a number of those in attendance at a DeSantis rally on Friday and asked them why they are leaning toward DeSantis, as well as their feelings on Trump, the current front-runner in the race for the Republican nomination.

"I think what DeSantis has done in Florida has been amazing. And I have been a supporter of him from the beginning. I think he is a person that will back the American people and get the country back on track, as Trump did years ago," a voter named Sarah told Fox.

"But sometimes it's time for you to have somebody new, and I think DeSantis is the one," she added..............

...............Voter Tammy told Fox she was supporting DeSantis because "he's the man."

"He represents my values. He's conservative. He's commonsense. He doesn't back down in the face of wokeness going on, especially in the schools. He's protecting kids against this radical ideology, which I'm all for. Yeah, he just represents everything that I am as a conservative," she said....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/early-primary-state-voters-explain-support-desantis-over-trump

LMAO:
If this feeling begins to gain steam amongst primary voters, we may see a similar situation as in 2007 -2008 were Hillary Clinton was  favored to win but ultimately lost to Barack Obama in the Democratic primary

libertybele:

--- Quote from: LMAO on June 03, 2023, 06:46:19 pm ---If this feeling begins to gain steam amongst primary voters, we may see a similar situation as in 2007 -2008 were Hillary Clinton was  favored to win but ultimately lost to Barack Obama in the Democratic primary

--- End quote ---

Why the pessimism?  We have a true conservative running! It's about darn time.  I've stated before; it is imperative that we seat a true conservative in '24 or we can kiss our Republic completely good-bye. :patriot: :patriot:

DB:
Trump is the GOP's Hillary Clinton. Funny how they were good friends before they both went after the same prize...

LMAO:

--- Quote from: libertybele on June 03, 2023, 06:49:11 pm ---Why the pessimism?  We have a true conservative running! It's about darn time.  I've stated before; it is imperative that we seat a true conservative in '24 or we can kiss our Republic completely good-bye. :patriot: :patriot:

--- End quote ---

I think you misunderstood my post. Right now, Trump is favored to be the GOP nominee in 2024 similar to Hillary being favored to win the 2008 Democratic Party nominee. As the primary campaign heated up, she lost her momentum and lost the nomination to Obama.

If these early primary voters feelings grow out into preferring RDS to DJT, Trump may ultimately lose the nomination to RDS despite being, for now, the assumed nominee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version