Author Topic: More recruits eligible for Army pre-boot camp study, fitness courses  (Read 111 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More recruits eligible for Army pre-boot camp study, fitness courses
By Davis Winkie
 Jun 2, 01:08 PM

A wider range of hopeful soldiers can now enlist into the Army’s basic training preparatory course, service officials announced Friday.

The move expands eligibility for the Future Soldier Preparatory Course, the Army’s ambitious experiment to improve recruit fitness and test scores before they go to basic training. Now applicants who need to improve in both areas may enroll, and a new pilot program will admit a limited number of applicants with lower test scores than those previously required for the course.

But the changes may not stop the service from missing recruiting targets for the second fiscal year in a row.

Since its inception in August 2022, the course has had two separate 90-day tracks: a fitness program designed to help recruits lower their body fat, and an academic program to help them improve on their Armed Forces Qualification Test scores.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/06/02/more-recruits-eligible-for-army-pre-boot-camp-study-fitness-courses/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: More recruits eligible for Army pre-boot camp study, fitness courses
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 03:56:11 pm »
I'll bet this news will have people clawing at the doors of recruiters worldwide. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson