Author Topic: Immigration policy is habitat policy  (Read 111 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration policy is habitat policy
« on: June 03, 2023, 01:03:04 pm »
Immigration policy is habitat policy
Jeremy Beck's picture

PUBLISHED:  Wed, MAY 31st 2023 @ 1:09 pm EDT  by  Jeremy Beck
If America has a responsibility for preserving habitat and biodiversity within our borders, policymakers should look at our latest study, Population Growth and Sprawl in Texas to see how even a state as big as Texas is losing critical habitat. Since population growth drives habitat loss, and immigration policy drives population growth, immigration policy is habitat policy.

New Video!
"Habitat loss due to agriculture and overexploitation remain the biggest threats to biodiversity and ecosystems” - World Wildlife Fund

Observing Endangered Species Day last week, Karen Shragg (a retired nature center director) and Henry Barbaro (an environmental scientist) say "each country in the world has the ultimate responsibility for developing a reasoned population policy based on their respective limited resources":

....This is where America comes in. Our nation is #6 when it comes to the relative number of endangered species (475). (America has more endangered species than Brazil — #9 at 413 species.) Of course, America's fertility ranking is rather low (#141) with 10.9 births per 1,000, but our immigration rate is extremely high."

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/immigration-policy-is-habitat-policy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson