Author Topic: Cheney not ruling out 2024 bid: Focused on making sure Trump ‘isn’t anywhere close to the Oval Offic  (Read 244 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney not ruling out 2024 bid: Focused on making sure Trump ‘isn’t anywhere close to the Oval Office’
The Hill
Lauren Sforza
Updated June 2, 2023 at 4:30 AM

Former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wis.), a longtime critic of former President Donald Trump, said that she has not ruled out a 2024 bid for president.

“I’m not making any announcements today,” she said while speaking at an event at the Mackinac Policy Conference in Michigan, adding: “I am really focused on making sure that Donald Trump isn’t anywhere close to the Oval Office.”

Cheney was on the House select committee that probed the Jan. 6 attacks on the Capitol and has voiced her criticism for the former president’s involvement in the attacks.

She also said that she will campaign against those who have denied the results of the 2020 election, including Trump who has maintained that the election was “stolen” from him.

Cheney launched a new ad targeting Trump earlier this month in New Hampshire, saying in a voiceover that he is the “only president in American history who has refused to guarantee the peaceful transfer of power.”

more
https://www.aol.com/news/cheney-not-ruling-2024-bid-030454336.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Lizard is the Chris Christies of Mitt Romneys.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

It wouldn't surprise me if Lizzy teamed up with Pence.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It wouldn't surprise me if Lizzy teamed up with Pence.
Ooh, just think of the support they would draw from the Trump voters, something huuuge like .0002%, Cheney detested by conservatives and kicked to the curb by democrats now that they have no use for her.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Conservatives and Republicans in Wyoming would have voted for the average Box Turtle before Cheney.

Her TDS is showing, and it isn't about policy, it is about the man.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis