Author Topic: Chesa Boudin and Lori Lightfoot failing upward at 2 of the nation’s most prestigious universities  (Read 181 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
June 2, 2023
Chesa Boudin and Lori Lightfoot failing upward at 2 of the nation’s most prestigious universities
By Thomas Lifson

Two politicians who were emphatically rejected by their constituents have received faculty appointments at two of the nation's most prestigious universities.  It's almost as if elite academics are extending the single-digit salute to the voters of two of the country's most progressive cities, San Francisco and Chicago, who apparently aren't radical enough to suit the rarefied tastes of academia's summit institutions.

First came the news that the law school at the University of California, Berkeley has appointed Chesa Boudin as "the founding executive director of Berkeley Law's new Criminal Law & Justice Center."

An official announcement of the appointment called the new center

a research and advocacy hub to boost Berkeley Law's public mission in the criminal justice arena. It will help foster research collaboration among faculty members and others, enhance law students' training and practice opportunities, and strengthen connections between the university and the outside world.  [Emphasis added.]

So Boudin will be paid money from a taxpayer-funded institution to advocate — with the reinforcement of the labor of others and the prestige of the institution — for the policies that the voters of San Francisco emphatically rejected by a ten-percent margin after experiencing the practical impact on their lives.

The university's announcement describes what his constituents rejected once they experienced in their lives the real-world consequences:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/06/chesa_boudin_and_lori_lightfoot_failing_upward_at_2_of_the_nations_most_prestigious_universities.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson