General Category > Elections 2024

Trump: ‘I Did Something that Nobody Thought Was Possible — I Got Rid of Roe v. Wade’

(1/4) > >>

mystery-ak:
 :pondering:

Trump: ‘I Did Something that Nobody Thought Was Possible — I Got Rid of Roe v. Wade’

Jeff Poor 2 Jun 2023

Thursday, during a televised town hall on FNC’s “Hannity,” former President Donald Trump, also a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, took credit for overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, which legalized elective on-demand abortion.

The decision was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court last year in the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization ruling.

Watch the latest video at foxnews.com
more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/02/trump-i-did-something-that-nobody-thought-was-possible-i-got-rid-of-roe-v-wade/

Kamaji:
Uh, no, you didn't.  The Supreme Court did, with Justices who were hand-picked by Mitch McConnell and the Federalist Society.

Weird Tolkienish Figure:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on June 02, 2023, 04:58:10 pm ---Uh, no, you didn't.  The Supreme Court did, with Justices who were hand-picked by Mitch McConnell and the Federalist Society.

--- End quote ---

Actually I'm kinda on Trump's side with this one. He can claim credit for this. Without Trump we'd have a majority liberal court.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Weird Tolkienish Figure on June 02, 2023, 05:29:20 pm ---Actually I'm kinda on Trump's side with this one. He can claim credit for this. Without Trump we'd have a majority liberal court.

--- End quote ---

That was why I voted for Trump the first time around.  His promise to seat conservatives on the bench.  Though I'm not actually thrilled with his picks, Trump does deserve credit.

That is also why Cruz backed him; Trump supposedly showed him a list of conservatives that he was considering seating.

Hoodat:
I thought Biden got rid of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version