Author Topic: Trump: ‘I Did Something that Nobody Thought Was Possible — I Got Rid of Roe v. Wade’  (Read 932 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :pondering:

Trump: ‘I Did Something that Nobody Thought Was Possible — I Got Rid of Roe v. Wade’

Jeff Poor 2 Jun 2023

Thursday, during a televised town hall on FNC’s “Hannity,” former President Donald Trump, also a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, took credit for overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, which legalized elective on-demand abortion.

The decision was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court last year in the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization ruling.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/02/trump-i-did-something-that-nobody-thought-was-possible-i-got-rid-of-roe-v-wade/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Uh, no, you didn't.  The Supreme Court did, with Justices who were hand-picked by Mitch McConnell and the Federalist Society.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Uh, no, you didn't.  The Supreme Court did, with Justices who were hand-picked by Mitch McConnell and the Federalist Society.

Actually I'm kinda on Trump's side with this one. He can claim credit for this. Without Trump we'd have a majority liberal court.

Online libertybele

Actually I'm kinda on Trump's side with this one. He can claim credit for this. Without Trump we'd have a majority liberal court.

That was why I voted for Trump the first time around.  His promise to seat conservatives on the bench.  Though I'm not actually thrilled with his picks, Trump does deserve credit.

That is also why Cruz backed him; Trump supposedly showed him a list of conservatives that he was considering seating.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

I thought Biden got rid of it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Exactly

What kind of judges would  Hillary Clinton have appointed?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

I was fairly pleased with his picks for the federal judiciary, and certainly will salute him for that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

No, all we needed was a GOP president - a placeholder - who would do what he was told to do by McConnell.  Thankfully - most likely because McConnell lavishly praised Trump's ego and assured him he'd have all the credit - Trump did what he was told.

Otherwise, getting three Supreme Court justices under Trump's term was all up to McConnell.  First, he held feet to the fire and refused to allow Obama to replace Scalia, even though there would have been enough time to have had a full confirmation hearing on Garland.  Second, he shepherded Kavanaugh through the shitstorm the democrats threw up, and managed to bludgeon the weakest GOP'ers into confirming him, when lesser people would have given in and found a middle-of-the-road compromise.  Third, he did an about-face on his position viz-a-viz replacing Scalia (i.e., that his replacement should wait until after the 2016 election), and rammed Coney Barrett through in 2020, and again, he had to bludgeon the weakest GOP'ers into confirming her as well.

And as far as vetting the slate of potential nominees who were presented to Trump, that was done by the Federalist Society, in conjunction with McConnell.

Trump's role was limited to picking from the very limited slate presented to him by McConnell and the Federalist Society - who basically made sure that so long as Trump stayed within that slate, it really didn't matter whom he nominated - and then shutting up and letting McConnell get the nominee through.

So, we can give Trump credit for being a rubber stamp to McConnell, but then that's what is typically called damning with faint praise.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Roe v. Wade/Dobbs was small potatoes in view of the decision that's coming later this month:
I believe it's called "Students for Fairness in Education v. University of North Carolina".

If it goes as I think it's going to go, it's going to completely outlaw affirmative action in education.
It may go even further and outlaw AA altogether everywhere.

Whichever, the decision will have far more importance for the future than did Dobbs (and I'm not discounting the significance of Dobbs).

Just sayin'...

Offline berdie

I was fairly pleased with his picks for the federal judiciary, and certainly will salute him for that.

No matter who guided him in those choices...I will salute him as well. It was the only reason I voted for him.

Online DB

Funny... I seem to remember that Trump said the court went too far - and now he wants credit for it...

Online roamer_1

That's probably right. And I held off giving him any credit on judges whatsoever for a long time - Judges are very much a wildcard, and you never know what you're getting until you can see the cut of their jib - A very good example of that is Roberts, who was hawked to us, and celebrated as a Conservative stalwart, which turned out to be far from the truth.

But, with that in mind, The chain of events lead back to Tumpy in much the same way that Clinton gets credit for what the 94 Congress did.

What is far more ominous is his recent comments, which seem to put abortion right back on the national table. And with that, any credit he may claim is in jeopardy.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And look where it got us.

You've turned every unmarried woman under 40 against us. Thanks, Donny.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

And look where it got us.

You've turned every unmarried woman under 40 against us. Thanks, Donny.
If it saves the lives of innocent children, I could care less.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If it saves the lives of innocent children, I could care less.
And ensures that fewer innocent children are even conceived as women have turned against us single men under 40.

Is it worth it?

Offline Kamaji

Roe v. Wade/Dobbs was small potatoes in view of the decision that's coming later this month:
I believe it's called "Students for Fairness in Education v. University of North Carolina".

If it goes as I think it's going to go, it's going to completely outlaw affirmative action in education.
It may go even further and outlaw AA altogether everywhere.

Whichever, the decision will have far more importance for the future than did Dobbs (and I'm not discounting the significance of Dobbs).

Just sayin'...

Agreed.

Online roamer_1

And ensures that fewer innocent children are even conceived as women have turned against us single men under 40.

Is it worth it?

Actually, there are indications that is turning around. Late Millenials and GenZers are looking for more traditional relationships.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Actually, there are indications that is turning around. Late Millenials and GenZers are looking for more traditional relationships.
Please send one of them my way, then. Unless, of course, by "traditional" they mean "I want the man to pay all my bills."

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I think we'd have gotten the exact same thing with just about any other Republican.

That being said, I voted for him in 2016 solely because of the Supreme Court because I thought Democrats would otherwise overturn Citizens United and Heller.  So he did come through on that.