Author Topic: Bud Light May Now Have a Lawsuit on Its Hands After Shareholder Values Tank  (Read 277 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Bud Light May Now Have a Lawsuit on Its Hands After Shareholder Values Tank

https://www.westernjournal.com/bud-light-may-now-lawsuit-hands-shareholder-values-tank/

Corporations that wrecked their images in woke marketing campaigns could pay a price for decisions that cost shareholders money.

On Tuesday, America First Legal took to Twitter on a fishing expedition looking for disgruntled shareholders who have seen their investments flow down the drain faster than a barrel of Bud Light since the beer’s embrace of transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney led to a weeks-long boycott that shows no sign of stopping.

“ATTENTION: Are you a shareholder of @Target @Kohls @abinbev, or other companies that are promoting transgender, LGBTQ and PRIDE products and diminishing shareholder value? We want to hear from you,” the law firm posted.

I don't love how lawsuit-happy the US has been for quite a while. That said, Budweiser, Target, Kohl's, etc. upper manglement have clearly violated their fiduciary duty to act in shareholders' best interests.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Now comes the actual rub... Stockholder vs. stakeholder...
And I know which one will win that.

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this.

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sometimes, when a company's stock price drops precipitously, lawyer(s) launch lawsuits on behalf of shareholders.

This is common practice.  I don't know if this is a scam for lawyers to get more billable hours or a negotiation for a private buy back of shares at higher-than-market prices from high net worth investors.  It's extortion and racketeering done by criminals with J.D. degrees.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

Sometimes, when a company's stock price drops precipitously, lawyer(s) launch lawsuits on behalf of shareholders.

This is common practice.  I don't know if this is a scam for lawyers to get more billable hours or a negotiation for a private buy back of shares at higher-than-market prices from high net worth investors.  It's extortion and racketeering done by criminals with J.D. degrees.

Like I said in my OP, "for quite a while". I could have said, "for decades," since I've seen it since at least the early 80s, a long-former employer having been hit with one ca. 1982 or 1983. I don't recall whether the suit was frivolous or merely weak, nor the outcome. Fast-growing new tech companies are frequent targets, as upper manglers tend to focus on promoting and growing the company and be less than careful in what they say and where.

IMO, in the Bud Light case, it would not take a marketing genius to realize that making a political point in an ad campaign would hurt the company, possibly very badly. Having done so it the face of common sense is a clear failure of manglement's fiduciary duty to shareholders. And, for that matter, to licensed distributors, depending on their contracts.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 05:49:11 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

IMO, in the Bud Light case, it would not take a marketing genius to realize that making a political point in an ad campaign would hurt the company, possibly very badly. Having done so it the face of common sense is a clear failure of manglement's fiduciary duty to shareholders. And, for that matter, to licensed distributors, depending on their contracts.

That's right, but the lawyering is incidental to the actual cause - a suit is just another nail in the coffin. Because truly, there is a failure of 'manglement's (I like that, btw) fiduciary duty to shareholders'.

This an unstoppable force speaking the only language corporations understand - righting the ship, and disemboweling the woke religion. This will be the end of stakeholder corporatism.

This bastardized 'duty' of corporations is swiftly going to its grave.
I am all for corporate duty - It's no small thing they do, contributing billions to good causes.... But they've been zombified by a bug in their head, substituting good causes for liberal ones.