Author Topic: Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Lauds LGBTQ+ Troops: Their Service ‘Adds to America’s Strength’  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Lauds LGBTQ+ Troops: Their Service ‘Adds to America’s Strength’

KRISTINA WONG2 Jun 2023336

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin lauded the “service, commitment, and sacrifice” of LGBTQ+ troops and personnel in a statement released Thursday to make the beginning of Pride Month.

“This Pride Month, we honor the service, commitment, and sacrifice of the LGBTQ+ Service members and personnel who volunteer to defend our country. Their proud service adds to America’s strength,” he said.

He called their contributions to national security “powerful.”

“Members of this community have deployed to combat zones around the globe, held high-ranking positions in the Pentagon, and fought and died alongside their teammates,” he said.”

Austin argued that in order to “defend our republic and win its wars” that the U.S. military must remain “open to all qualified patriots who seek to serve.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/02/defense-secretary-lloyd-austin-lauds-lgbtq-troops-their-service-adds-to-americas-strength/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Austin argued that in order to “defend our republic and win its wars” that the U.S. military must remain “open to all qualified patriots who seek to serve.”

If he actually believed this, he wouldn't be directing witch-hunts against white conservative patriots who want to serve, would he? :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson