Author Topic: What Mao Taught Woke  (Read 127 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Mao Taught Woke
« on: June 02, 2023, 01:33:12 pm »
What Mao Taught Woke
By Forrest Marion
June 02, 2023AP
Mao Tse Tung’s youthful Red Guards drive truck through Wu Han in support of the party’s Chairman’s Cultural Revolution in Peking April 17, 1967. (AP)

Since 2021 several individuals possessing firsthand experience with brutal Asian authoritarian regimes have spoken out courageously against what they see as similar ideologies and practices taking root in America. One of them, Xi Van Fleet, a Loudon County, Virginia, mother, experienced Mao’s Cultural Revolution (1966-1976).

Another witness, a North Korean defector named Yeonmi Park, fled her homeland in 2007. She endured unimaginable hardships, including being sex-trafficked and walking across the Gobi Desert to Mongolia, eventually coming to America and attending an Ivy League university. Seeing the same kind of indoctrination (or “brainwashing,” her term) and anti-American propaganda that she had grown up with, Ms. Park said bluntly, “You guys have lost common sense to [a] degree that I as a North Korean, cannot even comprehend.” (Apparently, preferred pronoun diktats had not reached Pyongyang.) 

In recent years, indoctrination and anti-American propaganda has spread from numerous universities to public schools. The indoctrination of children in Loudon County schools under Critical Race Theory’s (CRT) influence in the last several years reminded Xi Van Fleet “of what she witnessed growing up in Mao’s China.” “The communist regime used the same critical theory to divide people,” she stated. “The only difference is that (they) used class instead of race. This is indeed the American version of the Chinese cultural revolution.”

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/06/02/what_mao_taught_woke_903209.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: What Mao Taught Woke
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 01:34:27 pm »
I hope Gen. Brown reads this and takes it to heart.  However, that seems highly unlikely based on some statements he has made. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson