Author Topic: Trump’s cruel attack on Kayleigh McEnany is the final straw in his false loyalty schtick  (Read 186 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump’s cruel attack on Kayleigh McEnany is the final straw in his false loyalty schtick

By Douglas Murray
June 1, 2023

One of the great secrets of successful institutions is that people are loyal to institutions that are loyal to them.

If that pact gets broken at one end then it gets broken at both. After all, why give loyalty to something that isn’t loyal to you?

It´s the same with people. People gain loyalty from people who they have been loyal to in turn.

Which brings me to Donald J Trump.

Earlier this week the 45th President sent out one of his trademark insults on his “Truth Social” platform.

The target of his ire was not any Democrat or America-hater.

It was Kayleigh McEnany, his former White House press secretary.

On the podium, in front of an almost entirely hostile media, she held her own for month after month.

She dealt with the incoming fire and gave back more than enough barrage in return.

She did so with grace and humor as well as coolness under fire. Throughout all this she was outstandingly loyal to Trump.

Afterwards she wasn’t one of those who left his administration and then attacked him.

So why did her former boss have to turn on her like this, to insult her as “Milktoast” (when she is anything but) and as not a “star” (which she most certainly is)?

The answer is – like Aesop’s fable about the scorpion – because that’s what Trump is.

He attacks those who have been loyal to him because it is his nature. He can’t help himself.

He demands 100% loyalty from everyone around him, but is incapable of loyalty in return.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/01/trumps-cruel-attack-on-kayleigh-mcenany-is-the-final-straw-in-his-false-loyalty-schtick/

Offline LMAO

Whenever you see a MAGA poster here tell you that Trump fights, or how we need a rude bomb thrower that fights, this is who and how Trump fights. He doesn’t fight corrupt government institutions. He doesn’t fight Democrats in Congress. He doesn’t fight the GOP establishment. He fights people like Rosie O Donnell and McEneny

But that’s good enough for his MAGA base, I guess :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ScottinVA

“But that’s good enough for his MAGA base, I guess”

Cult-like worship does that.