Author Topic: U.S. Exit of the Paris Climate Accord: Reasons Reverberate Today  (Read 120 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Exit of the Paris Climate Accord: Reasons Reverberate Today
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- June 1, 2023
Editor Note: On this day in 2017, President Trump announced that the U.S. would withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord. Formal withdrawal began on November 4, 2019, with notification to the United Nations. Effective one year later, the withdrawal was reversed by the Biden Administration on his first day in office, January 20, 2021. Six years later, the logic of withdrawal remains–and more so.

“Thus, as of today, the United States will cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris Accord and the draconian financial and economic burdens the agreement imposes on our country. This includes ending the implementation of the nationally determined contribution and, very importantly, the Green Climate Fund which is costing the United States a vast fortune.” – President Trump, below

https://www.masterresource.org/trump-on-climate-change/trump-correct-on-the-paris-climate-accord-six-year-anniversary-of-withdrawal-decision/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson