Author Topic: Joe Manchin calls 'bulls---' on GOP taking credit for gas pipeline in debt ceiling deal  (Read 274 times)

Offline libertybele

Joe Manchin calls 'bulls---' on GOP taking credit for gas pipeline in debt ceiling deal

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said Thursday that it is "bulls---" Republicans have been characterized as the driving force behind a provision green-lighting a natural gas pipeline included in the debt ceiling bill.

In a Thursday phone interview with Fox News Digital, Manchin took credit for being the lead voice advocating for the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) — a 303-mile West Virginia-to-Virginia pipeline that is 94% complete, but has been slowed by a years-long permitting and numerous legal challenges from eco groups — at the federal level since early 2022.

"What's the problem here? They're afraid of who gets credit for it?" Manchin told Fox News Digital. "You know, what we said before — success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan. Well, I guarantee you, I was an orphan there for a long time because I was the only one on the front taking all the spears and everything, taking point on this."

"But I'm happy to — everyone is happy — to share the success. I think everybody knows how this happened," the West Virginia senator added. "I mean, my God, for the whole year I've had the living crap beat out of me, back and forth and everything."..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-manchin-calls-bulls-gop-taking-credit-gas-pipeline-debt-ceiling-deal
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, there is only roughly 20 miles left to finish the pipeline, about 6% of the overall project.

It is that 6% that has stopped it, like the crossing 90' below the bottom of the now submerged Missouri Riverbed that stopped the Dakota Access Pipeline.

With such projects, every flint flake, every bird nest, every rareish plant, and any cause that can be ginned up to stop completion over the entire length of the line becomes a potential stopper.

While completing the last 20 miles is vital to the success of the project, the other 94%, the permits, right of way negotiations, EIS statements, BLM hoops to jump through (Raptor, 'cultural', rare plant, rare animal, historical significance/archaeological surveys, to name some), etc. are a monumental task. I don't doubt that Manchin had some part in that, and if so should get credit for it because it would be swimming against the current his own Party has generated.

That may not make him some wonderful old guy, but credit if and where it is due.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis