Author Topic: Rand Paul introduces alternative to Biden-McCarthy debt bill: 'Get our fiscal house in order'  (Read 283 times)

Offline libertybele

Rand Paul introduces alternative to Biden-McCarthy debt bill: 'Get our fiscal house in order'

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., introduced legislation providing an alternative to House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and President Biden's debt limit deal on Tuesday.

Paul's bill would raise the debt ceiling by just $500 billion, forcing Congress to act in the near future to address America's debt problem with a more lasting solution. The bill would also impose automatic budget cuts to be imposed each year moving forward.

"Sixty percent of Americans say Congress should only raise the nation’s debt ceiling if it cuts spending at the same time. I would guess the Americans answering that poll meant real cuts in spending, not an annual increase of one percent above already bloated levels of COVID-19 spending," Paul wrote in a statement.

"Bold actions must be taken to defeat our mounting national debt, and my conservative alternative to the Biden-McCarthy deal gives us a real opportunity to get our fiscal house in order," he added.................

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/rand-paul-introduces-alternative-biden-mccarthy-debt-bill-get-fiscal-house-order
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
excerpt:

In the report, Senator Paul details a whopping $482,276,543,907 of waste in 2022.

How do you think the over half a million homeless Americans would feel about our spending $2,100,000 to encourage Ethiopians to wear shoes (NIH)? $50,000,000 to boost the Tunisia travel sector during COVID-19 (USAID)? $1,700,000,000 to maintain 77,000 empty Federal buildings (GSA)? Or, how about the $17,000,000 spent on unused hotel rooms for illegal immigrants (DHS) and the $168,000,000 spent to help illegal immigrants avoid deportation (DHS)?

I’m not homeless, but it makes me furious!

What do you think the millions of food-insecure would think about our spending $210,069,000 on basic education projects in Jordan (USAID); $3,000,000 to construct a Gandhi museum, or $1,100,000 for training mice to binge drink alcohol (NIH)?

How do you feel about the billions wasted that could have been used in your community to replace a dangerous bridge, build roads, clean up your water supply (thinking of you, Flint, MI), and so on?

Are our representatives inept or stupid, or do they have nefarious motive? I can’t decide, but it’s time to take away the Congressional credit card until they can be held accountable and stop wasting tax money.

Personally, I don’t mind paying taxes to live in our country, but I just don’t like how my tax dollars are squandered.  I worked too hard to have it thrown it away.

Congressional spendaholics must be stopped
By Jan MacMichael
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/congressional_spendaholics_must_be_stopped.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I would love to see Rand Paul enter the GOP primary race.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

I would love to see Rand Paul enter the GOP primary race.

Same here, though his popularity isn't exactly great.  It is unfortunate.  I think he'd make a great VP as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.