Author Topic: Report: Hunter Biden’s Attorneys to Use Pro-2A SCOTUS Ruling to Avoid Prosecution on Possible Gun Ch  (Read 510 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Hunter Biden’s Attorneys to Use Pro-2A SCOTUS Ruling to Avoid Prosecution on Possible Gun Charges

AWR Hawkins 1 Jun 2023

A source who spoke with the New York Times indicated Hunter Biden’s attorneys are considering using the Supreme Court of the United States’ Bruen (2022) ruling to help their client overcome any gun charges that might be brought against him.

Breitbart News observed that the Bruen decision struck down New York’s proper cause requirement for concealed carry license issuance.

Moreover, Justice Clarence Thomas used the Bruen majority opinion to note the Second Amendment protects an “individual’s right to carry a handgun for self-defense outside the home.”

The Times reported that “two people briefed on the matter” indicated “Mr. Biden’s lawyers told Justice Department prosecutors — who were investigating whether to charge him in connection with a gun purchase — that a prosecution of him would likely be ruled moot.”

While Biden faces possible charges for allegedly lying on an ATF Form 4473 when purchasing a gun while possibly being involved in drug use, his attorney, Christopher Clark, believes there are currently cases under appeal that will undercut any charges against him.

Clark believes this is so because the cases under appeal cite Bruen as precedent.

On March 25, 2021, Breitbart News pointed out that Hunter Biden, who is President Joe Biden’s son, may have lied about his history of drug use when filling out ATF Form 4473 for a gun purchase in 2018.

The question on Form 4473 pertinent to Hunter Biden’s alleged 2018 gun purchase asks:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

The would-be gun purchaser is required to answer “yes” or “no.”

On March 27, 2021, Breitbart News noted that Hunter Biden may have given false information on the ATF background check form and explained that the punishment for false answers on that form includes fines up to $250,000 and/or ten years of imprisonment.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/06/01/report-hunter-bidens-attorneys-to-use-pro-2a-scotus-ruling-to-avoid-prosecution-on-possible-gun-charges/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who are we kidding other than  ourselves.

He is a member of one of the professional criminal class we call "politicians",so he is going to just walk away from it all in the end.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wouldn't they be more correct in a Fifth Amendment argument against self incrimination? I really don't see a 2A argument against lying under oath.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wouldn't they be more correct in a Fifth Amendment argument against self incrimination? I really don't see a 2A argument against lying under oath.

@GtHawk

Doesn't matter because in the end,the professional scam artists we know as "politicians" are going to do what is best for THEM.

Not happy about it and don't like "saying" it,but there it is.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And what would happen to any of us who were found to be lying on a form 4473?

Laws for thee but not for me...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And what would happen to any of us who were found to be lying on a form 4473?

Laws for thee but not for me...

@Smokin Joe

What would happen to ANY of us if we,or someone else,posted videos of us doing drugs and handling firearms?

Apparantly,in the America of today,some citizens have more rights than other citizens,and just can NOT be arrested.

BTW,has  anyone seen a video or read a report of Hunter being arrested,handcuffed,and sent to jail until he could appear before a judge and have the charges read to him so he could make a plea?