Author Topic: Sick of the Moral Preening of Conservatives After Every Loss Derek Hunter  (Read 182 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sick of the Moral Preening of Conservatives After Every Loss
Derek Hunter
5–6 minutes

It’s as predictable as the tide – some legislative battle is on the horizon and conservatives swear “This time will be different.” Then it isn’t. All the high and mighty talk, all the promises end up meaning nothing because aside from making promises they can’t keep, most of the GOP only excels at not delivering. The simple fact of the matter is this: if Republicans, conservatives, or anyone not a complete leftist ever plans on winning any legislative fight ever again they’re going to have to learn how to message to people who don’t already agree with them.

It’s really annoying watching the Members of Congress who give great speeches about conservative principles and fiscal responsibility, sit on their asses and complain when they don’t get their way. Where were they when it mattered? Why weren’t they in the room negotiating? Why weren’t they in leadership setting the terms of negotiation?

They weren’t there because, aside from preaching to the choir on cable news, they don’t do anything to advance their causes they claim to care so deeply about.

I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but someone has to say it: I’d love for there to be a 50 Mike Lees in the Senate, but all that would really mean is we have 50 votes for a losing cause. Not because we aren’t right, but because listening to Mike Lee explain why we need to cut federal spending is about as exciting as dry paint just sit there and talk about insurance. Nothing against Mike Lee, you can insert any of the names of people you likely support and have dozens, if not hundreds, of fundraising emails from in your inbox right now. It doesn’t matter how it is because it is all of them.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/06/01/sick-of-the-moral-preening-of-conservatives-after-every-loss-n2623905
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

The problem with cutting spending is every spending program has a constituency that will fight to protect it. We even see that here.

Put 10 people in a room and ask them what they consider wasteful spending and you’ll get 10 different responses
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy