Author Topic: Refugee Services of Texas closes its doors, leaving many refugees in limbo  (Read 301 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Refugee Services of Texas closes its doors, leaving many refugees in limbo
By Angela ShenPublished May 31, 2023 10:32PMAustinFOX 7 Austin

After 45 years, Refugee Services in Texas closes
After 45 years, Refugee Services of Texas is closing its doors. The CEO cited budget shortfalls. But, this leaves hundreds of refugees trying to figure out what to do next.

AUSTIN, Texas - After 45 years, Refugee Services of Texas is closing its doors. This leaves many refugees in the dark as they try to navigate life in the U.S.

Nasir Shah Zahid, Mohammad Rasool Farhat, and Ghulam Ali Nasrat were interpreters for the U.S. military. They all came to the U.S. after the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

"I was afraid that if the Taliban arrest me, they could kill me or put me in jail," Nasrat said.

Refugee Services of Texas was supposed to help them resettle. However, they all describe an agency that hasn't been of much help, and now that they're closed, they've been left in limbo.

"I have received some checks from RST, but it's not enough for us," Farhat said.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/refugee-services-of-texas-closes-its-doors-leaving-many-refugees-in-limbo
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let them find "refuge"... in some other country...

Offline libertybele

Let them find "refuge"... in some other country...

Exactly or plop them back over the border and push them in the direction that they came from.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gee,ain't THAT a damn shame? </S>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!