General Category > Economy/Business

Anybody else having problems with Pay Pal?

(1/5) > >>

sneakypete:
For me,it has  been one  problem after another  on PP for the last year or so. Someone hacked my account and was billing stuff to me. I forget now exactly where and how much he billed to me,but it was a guy in Oklahoma. I reported him to PP and THOUGHT my problems were over.

I was wrong. I now have an unpaid bill to PP for over 600 bucks,and *I* did not charge a dime of that.

Been trying  for about  3 months  now  to get that  crap cleared up,and my PP account at Amazon is now frozen and I am getting nastygrams from PP.

One of the big problems is you  can no longer contact PP and report anything. You either go to a public discussion board on PP  and discuss your problem with people who don't work for PP,or  you go to a similar page and discuss it with other  PP subscribers.

They (AND Amazon) USED to have a button at the top of the web page you could click on,and immediately put in contact with a  PP employee with full access to your charges and payments,as well as your orders,and it didn't take but just a few minutes to clean a problem up.

Not anymore. If you want to discuss the problem,you have to click on a link that puts you in touch with someone in China that has an accent you would have to cut with a  meat cleaver. Being hard of hearing,it is impossible for me to communicate with them.

Yes,there IS another button you can click if you have problems with the "first button". It also puts you in verbal touch with someone from China that you probably  can't understand.

Coming up is the best part. They  offer a service that is supposed to really clear up your problems,but at a price per minute.

PayPal is still claiming I owe them more than 600 bucks,but I haven't used PP in months.  Not GOING to pay them unless they can show me some times,dates,email addresses,and the physical addresses these packages were shipped to.

PP used to be pretty user friends,and nobody was easier to deal with than Amazon. Amazon is still pretty easy to deal with once you figure out which of the plenitude of buttons to click on,but once again,customer problems have been farmed out to China if you are unfortunate enough to have to have a conversation with a agent.

Going to ONCE again try to communicate with PP tomorrow when I am rested,and I have no faith at all that it is going to work. If it doesn't,I am going to  tell them to kill my  account and send  me an itemized list of my purchases for the last year,and the address or addresses they were shipped to.

If they can't,or won't agree to do this,I will tell them to go piss up a rope.

BTW,I  bought a new wallet and some other items from Amazon today,but I did NOT use PP. I used an Amazon Store Card that  I haven't used in maybe a year.

Not even sure I am going to use PP again,even if they agree I don't owe them that money,and PP used to be my automatic "go to" when it came to internet purchases.

Smokin Joe:
I haven't had any problems, but I haven't used Pay Pal in a very long time. So, sorry, but I can't help you sort that out.

I use a Discover card online, no (as in zero) fraud liability, new card in 48 hours if hacked. Works for me. Pay it off in full every month, though, credit card interest is brutal (18%) at the moment.

Cyber Liberty:
The only problems I've had with PayPal were their refusing to process transactions now and then, so I just stopped using them.  Never could see the point anyway.

Sighlass:
Dropped PayPal years ago over their fees and liberal policies. Their loss.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 01, 2023, 03:10:04 am ---I haven't had any problems, but I haven't used Pay Pal in a very long time. So, sorry, but I can't help you sort that out.

I use a Discover card online, no (as in zero) fraud liability, new card in 48 hours if hacked. Works for me. Pay it off in full every month, though, credit card interest is brutal (18%) at the moment.

--- End quote ---

@Smokin Joe

I haven't used PP in over a year,primarily because whoever hacked me somehow blocked me from making purchases. Or maybe it was PP that blocked me. Hard to tell because you can't contact an actual human employee of PP anymore to ask.

Been trying to close my account and can't. Maybe/probably because they claim I owe them money,and I don't.

Never worried about their fees because I ALWAYS paid my balance in full every month. Even had a PP credit card.

Do most of my shopping online via Amazon these days. Mostly because it is convenient,and I have always received quick service,but those days are also coming to an end because it is no longer possible to communicate with an actual person on Amazon anymore. If their robot doesn't have your problem and answer in it's memory card,you don't get an answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version