Author Topic: DeSantis 106 – The Thoughts of Others  (Read 530 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
DeSantis 106 – The Thoughts of Others
« on: June 01, 2023, 12:28:15 am »
May 30, 2023 | Sundance | 408 Comments

One of the key aspects to noticing a controlled candidate is the speech, cadence and distinct linguistics used during prepared remarks.

When a candidate is authentic in delivery of advocacy points, their speech is a natural flow of thoughts and ideas they create in verbal delivery.  However, when a politician is delivering a speech constructed for them, using the thoughts of others, you will notice a cadence constructed around a series of soundbites that are strung together.

Ron DeSantis kicked-off his official Iowa campaign today literally reading prepared remarks that did not come from his own thought processes.  When delivering a speech from the thoughts of others, there is an emphasis on the reading of it; in the example we highlight today with DeSantis the reading is extreme.  You can see below.

This is not to say that speech writers are not useful, they are. Almost all politicians use speech writers to assist them in putting their thoughts into words to assist communication.  The key is to use the candidates’ thoughts. However, when the thoughts themselves are not from the candidate, there is a very different outcome in delivery.

This is what becomes very visible with Ron DeSantis.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/05/30/desantis-106-the-thoughts-of-others/

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

Re: DeSantis 106 – The Thoughts of Others
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 12:39:36 am »
Ron DeSantis kicked-off his official Iowa campaign today literally reading prepared remarks that did not come from his own thought processes.

Sundance is reading minds now?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 12:45:11 am »
@bigheadfred most speeches that I have seen DeSantis give -- he has prepared notes and reads from them.  That's been his style.  That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't his own thoughts -- that indicates that he has his thoughts written down in some kind of order; normally so he tags all the bases and doesn't leave anything out.

He doesn't speak off the cuff.  Yes that's a huge difference between Trump and DeSantis.  He does take and answer questions though, so that is a plus in his column.

Many president have prepared speeches or notes and use them.  One of Trump's greatest assets is he speaks from the hip and if you notice at most of his rallies, he repeats the same points at each rally -- he ads bits and pieces here and there too and spends time introducing people in the audience -- much time is taken up by that.  He has the absolute ability to connect with his audience and can speak for at least and hour or so if not more. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 12:51:38 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 02:15:38 am »
Let's not forget that a great deal of Trump's pre-politics experience was in selling, be it a building project, or just his own brand, it was largely sales.

He has had lots of practice connecting with prospective buyers, hitting the bullet points, and molding the message to the audience, because, essentially, that's how he made his money.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 11:39:26 am »
Trump is a professional entertainer.  DeSantis is a professional doer.

That's the difference.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 11:50:14 am »

That's the difference.

And that sums it up right there. 
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 12:09:44 pm »

That's the difference.

:thumbsup:

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 12:53:49 pm »

That's the difference.

Having a very friendly legislative body does make being a professional doer much easier, though
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023, 12:55:52 pm »
Having a very friendly legislative body does make being a professional doer much easier, though

Very true, but the entertainer had a friendly legislative body and was still unable to accomplish much, simply because he loved entertaining his base with his childish name-calling and divisiveness over trying to build a coalition to get things done.

Online LMAO

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 01:08:21 pm »
Very true, but the entertainer had a friendly legislative body and was still unable to accomplish much, simply because he loved entertaining his base with his childish name-calling and divisiveness over trying to build a coalition to get things done.

We call it childish name calling and entertaining his base

They call it “saving America”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 01:16:15 pm »
We call it childish name calling and entertaining his base

They call it “saving America”

They can call it whatever they want to, but the bottom line is this:  the name-calling did not accomplish anything of lasting substance (other than, perhaps, giving us the Biden administration).

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2023, 01:39:56 pm »

That's the difference.

Why our side even considers this guy with the maturity of a 12 year old a party leader is one of the biggest mysteries of the first half of this century .
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2023, 03:35:38 pm »
When a candidate is authentic in delivery of advocacy points, their speech is a natural flow of thoughts and ideas they create in verbal delivery. However, when a politician is delivering a speech constructed for them, using the thoughts of others, you will notice a cadence constructed around a series of soundbites that are strung together.

Utter rubbish! Any good snake oil salesman or televangelist(and too many other preachers) is capable of this without actually believing a word of what they say, e.g. BJ Clinton, Barry Soetoro, Jim and Tammy Baker, the rev. Al Sharptongue, Jesse Jackyour Wallet, Jim Jones among others.