Author Topic: Air Force grounds fleet of Apache choppers after technical issue discovered  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Air Force grounds fleet of Apache choppers after technical issue discovered
Story by Emanuel Fabian, ToI Staff • 4h ago

The Israeli Air Force on Wednesday grounded its fleet of Apache helicopters after a technical issue was found during routine maintenance, the military said.

The fleet, known in Israel as Seraph, will remain grounded until all of the choppers can be checked for the issue and cleared to return to operational usage, ruled IAF chief Tomer Bar.

The force did not elaborate on the issue.

Earlier this year during the Independence Day flyby, an IDF Apache helicopter pulled out and landed in a kibbutz in central Israel due to a technical fault. The military stressed that the incident was not an emergency landing.

In 2017, an Apache attack helicopter on a training mission crashed on a base in southern Israel, killing the pilot and critically injuring a crew member.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/air-force-grounds-fleet-of-apache-choppers-after-technical-issue-discovered/ar-AA1bYiA3?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=15eed3b854544b2482bd81b23c5fe3c8&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson