Author Topic: Abbott names former Texas secretary of state to temporarily lead the attorney general’s office  (Read 291 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KUT 90.5  By Julián Aguilar 5/31/2023

Abbott names former Texas secretary of state to temporarily lead the attorney general’s office

Texas’ former secretary of state will be at the helm of the state’s attorney general’s office following the temporary ouster last week of Republican Ken Paxton.

Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday appointed John Scott to temporarily lead the office following Paxton’s impeachment Saturday by the Texas House of representatives.

In a statement Abbott praised Scott’s experience and noted he served as deputy attorney general for civil litigation when Abbott was attorney general prior to being elected governor.

“His decades of experience and expertise in litigation will help guide him while serving as the state’s top law enforcement officer,” Abbott said in a statement.

More: https://www.kut.org/politics/2023-05-31/abbott-names-former-texas-secretary-of-state-to-temporarily-lead-the-states-attorney-generals

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
About as good as we could expect IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien