Author Topic: Comey: Trump Is ‘Existential Threat’; GOP Is a Cult that Needs to Lose in 2024  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Comey: Trump Is ‘Existential Threat’; GOP Is a Cult that Needs to Lose in 2024

Pam Key 30 May 2023

Former FBI Director James Comey said Tuesday on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” that former President Donald Trump was an “existential threat” to the country.

He also called the Republican Party a cult.

Cooper asked, “Given the career you have had in the FBI, when you see the former president, now the frontrunner again for the Republican nomination, how big a threat is that?”

Comey said, “A very serious threat to the rule of law, almost an existential threat if he were to become president again. He has tried to take a flamethrower to the FBI, to the Department of Justice to stop them investigating.”

Cooper said, “You believe Donald Trump is an existential threat to the rule of law?”

Comey said, “I do, yes. Were he to become president again, I don’t think America has ever seen and is ready for what he would try and do to the system of justice.”

Cooper said, “The Justice Department has sent a very strong message about what happened on January 6 with their prosecutions, their investigations and prosecutions of some of those responsible. When you hear the former president talking about pardoning, you hear Ron DeSantis talking about looking at pardons, what do you think?”

Comey said, “It’s disgusting. It’s an attack on the rule of law. If anything in this country people should be able to agree on, we should send a message, never again. You can’t intervene by force. You can protest, you can march, you can do what you want, but don’t you dare. That’s the message that has to be sent with those prosecutions. And the idea of undercutting that message makes no sense at all.”

Cooper said, “Many in the House in Congress say that the FBI has been ‘weaponized,’ that it’s going after conservatives, that it’s politicized. Do you believe any of that is true?”

Comey said, “I don’t believe any of it is true. I never would have expected it. All of us should become more familiar with the way a cult operates in the recent years. So it makes sense in the light of that phenomenon. But I never would have anticipated it years ago.”

Cooper asked, “So what happens if the Republican Party, which has a long, proud history, if many of its members are talking about, you know, prosecuting the director of the FBI, defunding the FBI — some of them are talking about defunding the FBI. What does that say about the Republican Party?”

Comey said, “I don’t know what the Republican Party is anymore. And I don’t know what its future. I think the American people need to hand it, especially the presidential level, a series of losses until they figure out who they want to be. Because they’re not a party that is consistent with the values of the country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/30/comey-trump-is-existential-threat-gop-is-a-cult-that-needs-to-lose-in-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I have zero problem prosecuting the morons who assaulted police officers on January 6, or broke through windows, doors, etc. to force their way in, which some Trump supporters (not just leftist/FBI agents) very clearly did.

But I have a problem with it when leftist rioters are let off scot-free, and with the excessiveness of some of the prosecutions and sentences.

Also, it apparently doesn't occur to Comey that having the former Director of the FBI lump the entire Republican Party in with those few who have broken the law is one of the very valid reasons so many Republicans no longer trust the FBI to be apolitical.  It is impossible to read his statements and conclude that he was ever non-partisan.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 02:37:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

No, Mr. Comey, the only existential domestic threat to this country is the DNC.

Offline libertybele

:facepalm2:

No, Mr. Comey, the only existential domestic threat to this country is the DNC.

The DNC, DOJ, RNC, GOPe -- they are the domestic threats to this country and now that we've added millions of ILLEGALS to the equation they are a threat to this country as well!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is this the same James Comey that helped destroy the People's trust in the FBI and DOJ?

If Trump, Biden, or Hillary Clinton are the best both parties have to offer, we need to fix the parties.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The DNC, DOJ, RNC, GOPe -- they are the domestic threats to this country and now that we've added millions of ILLEGALS to the equation they are a threat to this country as well!

:yowsa: ALL of the above and more!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Is this the same James Comey that helped destroy the People's trust in the FBI and DOJ?

If Trump, Biden, or Hillary Clinton are the best both parties have to offer, we need to fix the parties.

There is no fixing DC.  Washington is broken.

Working from the ground up at the city, county and state levels are now imperative.  That's where true reform is going to come from.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Comey: ‘Crazy’ to Believe FBI Is Leftist Cabal Out to Get Republicans

Pam Key 31 May 2023

Former FBI Director James Comey said Wednesday on CNN’s “CNN This Morning” that the notion the FBI is a “leftist cabal out to get the Republicans” was crazy.

On Fox News, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) said, “The Republican presidents have accepted the canard that the DOJ and FBI are, quote, ‘independent.’ They are not independent agencies. They are part of the executive branch. They answer to the elected president of the United States. So as president, you have a responsibility to be involved in holding those agencies accountable.”

Co-host Poppy Harlow said, “Historically, previously until the last few years it has been those on the left who have been critical of the FBI. You were a Republican for most of your life until you say the party left you. Why do you think so many Republicans have turned on the FBI?”

Comey said, “I think it’s largely because Donald Trump and those around him have seen the FBI as a threat, and so they have take an blowtorch to try to tear down that threat. It’s really unfortunate. The notion that the FBI is some sort of leftist cabal out to get the Republicans is so crazy. It shows you how crazy our times are.”

He added, “The FBI will be fine in the long run. This fever around Donald Trump and the MAGA world will eventually break, but it’s become somehow a nutty article of faith that the FBI is out to get Republicans. If you ask people 20 years ago whether that would someday be the accusation, they’d say that’s nuts. It’s nuts, but it will pass.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/31/comey-crazy-to-believe-fbi-is-leftist-cabal-out-to-get-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34