Author Topic: The Army says it's made 'significant improvements' to its troubled new infantry squad vehicle  (Read 172 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Army says it's made 'significant improvements' to its troubled new infantry squad vehicle
Story by Jared Keller • Yesterday 11:32 AM

The Army is pushing forward with the procurement and fielding of its new Infantry Squad Vehicle (ISV) assault buggy despite years of documented issues with the platform, the service recently announced.

The Army’s Program Executive Officer for Combat Support & Combat Service Support (PEO CS&CSS) decided on March 30 that the ISV would officially begin production on a $214.3 million contract with GM Defense to produce what the service has billed as a “light and agile all-terrain troop carrier.”

Commissioned to help “motorize” the Army’s Infantry Brigade Combat Teams and the 75th Ranger Regiment, the ISV is intended as a lightweight asset to provide enhanced mobility and logistics support capabilities to infantry squad, giving maneuver forces greater flexibility across a variety of terrains. Consider it like Uber for infantry squads, capable of zipping soldiers across even the most austere settings to their mission objectives.

Based on the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 midsize truck, the 5,000-pound truck can haul up to nine soldiers and a total payload of 3,200 pounds, according to the service. The vehicle can be externally sling-loaded by UH-60 Black Hawk and CH-47 Chinook helicopters and air-dropped from a fixed-wing C-130 Hercules or C-17 Globemaster III transport aircraft.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-army-says-it-s-made-significant-improvements-to-its-troubled-new-infantry-squad-vehicle/ar-AA1bTp5u?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=26b9f8258a084b42a4cd060ea676ca8a&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It looks to me the significant improvements have more to do with how to spin its assets so some politician in the district where it's made can claim success for his/her district. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Since the Infantry Squad Vehicle only entered service in 2021 and full-scale production only began in April 2023, take "despite years of documented issues" with a block of salt.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.