General Category > Economy/Business

Chick-fil-A sparks anti-woke outrage for VP of diversity, equity, inclusion post

(1/4) > >>

mystery-ak:
 Chick-fil-A sparks anti-woke outrage for VP of diversity, equity, inclusion post
By Ariel Zilber   
May 30, 2023 5:42pm

Chick-fil-A, the chicken sandwich chain long beloved by conservatives for its longstanding opposition to same-sex marriage, is now sparking boycott calls after announcing that it has hired an executive in charge of diversity, equity and inclusion.

The Atlanta-based company announced on Tuesday that it was naming Erick McReynolds to the post of vice president of DEI — igniting angry denunciations on Twitter from conservatives who allege that the firm has “gone woke.”

McReynolds has been employed by Chick-fil-A since 2007.

He was promoted to the position of vice president of DEI in November 2021, according to his LinkedIn page.

But the recent LGBTQ controversies involving brands such as Bud Light, Target, and Kohl’s have triggered scrutiny of other corporate actors.

Corporate America’s embrace of DEI, which seeks to diversify workforces, has been criticized by conservatives who claim that it is discriminatory based on race and gender.

“This is bad. Very bad. I don’t want to have to boycott. Are we going to have to boycott?” said conservative strategist Joey Mannarino.

Erick McReynolds has been employed by Chick-fil-A since 2007. He was promoted to the position of vice president of DEI in November 2021, according to his LinkedIn page.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/chick-fil-a-sparks-anti-woke-outrage-for-hiring-vp-of-dei/

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/chick-fil-a-sparks-anti-woke-outrage-for-hiring-vp-of-dei/

libertybele:
I'm surprised at this --- we'll see what stance he takes.  It certainly doesn't look good.

Going woke --- the final nail on our Republic's coffin??

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: libertybele on May 30, 2023, 11:55:18 pm ---I'm surprised at this --- we'll see what stance he takes.  It certainly doesn't look good.

Going woke --- the final nail on our Republic's coffin??

--- End quote ---

What is the surprise? This company has a good record. They are promoting from within their ranks with a long time employee. I don't see a problem here.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on May 31, 2023, 12:08:33 am ---What is the surprise? This company has a good record. They are promoting from within their ranks with a long time employee. I don't see a problem here.

--- End quote ---

It depends on in which way he promotes equity and diversity.

GtHawk:
Diversity, equity and inclusion is just another way of saying promote the second, third or fourth best person for the job. If you aren't promoting the best person for a job, any job than you are failing both your business and customers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version