Author Topic: China’s former top COVID official admits he can’t rule out lab leak theory  (Read 681 times)

Offline Kamaji

China’s former top COVID official admits he can’t rule out lab leak theory

By Lee Brown
May 30, 2023

The top Chinese official who led Beijing’s COVID-19 response admits he can’t rule out that the deadly virus leaked from a lab.

“You can always suspect anything. That’s science,” Dr. George Fu Gao, who was China’s equivalent of Dr. Anthony Fauci, told the BBC when asked about the ongoing theory about his own nation’s scientists.

“Don’t rule out anything,” he told the podcast “Fever: The Hunt for Covid’s Origin.”

The global pandemic has killed 7 million people globally, according to the World Health Organization.

The scientist’s admission, no matter how vague, is stunning given how forcefully Beijing has always denied the possibility that researchers at the now-notorious Wuhan Institute of Virology may have leaked the virus while working on similar bat diseases.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/chinas-former-dr-fauci-cant-rule-out-covid-lab-leak-theory/

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

2019, in Wuhan, China ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Leslie Eastman Wednesday, May 31, 2023

From the start of the covid pandemic to the present day, Legal Insurrection has been monitoring developments in the investigation of the origins of the novel coronavirus known as the SARS-Cov-2 virus.

I started in February 2020, when I noted that Chinese university researchers believed the virus might originate from a government laboratory in Wuhan.

Other sign-posts on the road to reaching this sensible conclusion are:

•   Majority of 17 international intelligence agencies believe COVID-19 started as accidental release from Wuhan lab.

•   CNN’s Sanjay Gupta Supports Former CDC Director’s ‘Informed’ Theory That COVID Escaped From Wuhan Lab

•   Classified Study: COVID-19 Could Have Originated in Chinese Lab

•   Wuhan Lab Leak ‘Is Now the Most Likely Origin of COVID’ – MIT/Harvard Scientist Tells UK MPs

•   Letter Offers More Evidence of Wuhan Lab Project Source of COVID Pandemic

•   Experts Assert ‘Rare’ Genome Sequencing Shows Coronavirus Bioengineered, Optimized for Human Infectivity

The saga continues, as a top Chinese government scientist says the possibility that the covid virus leaked from a laboratory should not be ruled out.

As head of China’s Centre for Disease Control (CDC), Prof George Gao played a key role in the pandemic response and efforts to trace its origins.

China’s government dismisses any suggestion the disease may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory.

But Prof Gao is less forthright.

In an interview for the BBC Radio 4 podcast Fever: The Hunt for Covid’s Origin, Prof Gao says: “You can always suspect anything. That’s science. Don’t rule out anything.”

A world-leading virologist and immunologist, Prof Gao is now vice-president of the National Natural Science Foundation of China after retiring from the CDC last year.

Gao indicated that a formal investigation into the theory at the Wuhan Institute of Virology was completed, suggesting Chinese officials did take the idea more seriously than it let on.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/05/chinas-former-top-scientists-indicates-covid-pandemic-may-have-origins-in-lab-leak/

Offline Idiot

Well duh!!!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Seems to me he was pretty insistent it wasn't when Covid went, viral.

Online mountaineer

Lengthy twitter postings from Dr. Simon Goddek (Ph.D. in biotechnology; journalist):
Dr. Simon Goddek
@goddeketal
🚨 The Hardly Covered Scandal of Virology: Corrupt Scientists Exposed

Let me remind you of one of the biggest scandals in modern science, which has still not been properly addressed.

In early 2020, leading virologists made, among others, the following statements:

▪️ .@K_G_Andersen: “A lab leak origin possibility must be considered a serious scientific theory.”

▪️ Andrew Rambaut: “I literally swivel day by day thinking it is a lab escape or natural.”

▪️ Ian Lipkin: “I am concerned that scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology did not take adequate precautions when growing bat viruses.”

▪️ .@edwardcholmes: “No way selection could occur in the market.”

▪️ Robert Garry: “Someone should tell [the journal] Nature that the fish market probably did not start the outbreak.”

Also, on January 31, 2020 - before the Fauci Teleconference, @K_G_Andersen wrote an email to Fauci stating that: “One has to look really closely at all the sequences to see that some of the features (potentially) look engineered.... Eddie [Holmes], Bob [Garry], Mike [Ferguson] and myself all find the genome inconsistent with evolutionary theory.”

Four days later, and $16 Million USD richer in funding, @K_G_Andersen went public with the following statement: “The main crackpot theories going around at the moment relate to this virus being somehow engineered... and that is demonstrably false.”

Together with the four other virologists above, Andersen published a paper in the journal “nature medicine” stating that they “do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible.”

It appears these four scientists were potentially bought off, swiftly pivoting their views by 180°. While the mainstream media seemingly turned a blind eye to this controversy, @K_G_Andersen was nonetheless called to testify before the US Congress (see post below). ...
Entire thread:

https://twitter.com/goddeketal/status/1692221612211253328
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org