Author Topic: GE has a wild plan to ‘vacuum’ air pollution right out of our skies — here’s how the mind-blowing id  (Read 273 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

GE has a wild plan to ‘vacuum’ air pollution right out of our skies — here’s how the mind-blowing idea would work
Story by Nick Paschal • 4h ago

It’s been decades since General Electric (GE) made vacuums, but now, it’s getting back in the game — only this time, the company will be vacuuming carbon pollution out of the air.

GE announced the successful test of its direct air capture (DAC) prototype and is planning larger-scale demonstrations in 2024. If the company can successfully scale its DAC system, it could be a massive weapon in the fight against our overheating planet.

What is direct air capture?
Direct air capture uses chemical reactions to remove carbon dioxide from the air. When air moves over the chemicals, it selectively traps the carbon, leaving the other parts of the air to pass through.

Once the carbon is successfully sucked out of the air and removed from the chemicals — typically by applying heat — it can be injected deep into the ground in geologic formations, never to be seen again, or used in products like concrete or plastic that will hold on tight to that carbon for a very long time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/ge-has-a-wild-plan-to-vacuum-air-pollution-right-out-of-our-skies-here-s-how-the-mind-blowing-idea-would-work/ar-AA1ajfPi?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a6060a2f65af4c0aac4bb0c14b54fcbe&ei=11
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Why not use it to grow more trees and other plants?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I could be wrong but I believe God created a system for doing this, well eons ago, a little something he likes to call trees and other plants.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

GE stole the idea from the movie, "Space Balls".

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion