Author Topic: Donald Trump says his fight against deep state ‘equally dangerous’ to what soldiers face  (Read 4281 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
............And there's the stupid! I understand that anyone that runs for high office, especially the Presidency is going to have a huge ego but Trump is something else entirely, oh yeah fighting the deep state(debatable) is just as dangerous with a potential for death as our enlisted in war time **nononono*

@GtHawk

No,it is just ignorance. I personally know VN vets who never even heard a shot fired from a distance that talk about  being combat veterans,and in their minds,they really do believe it.

They don't seem to understand the difference between "could have" and "was".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump says his fight against deep state ‘equally dangerous’ to what soldiers face

Nope.  He did not.

I think this 100 year old veteran would agree with and appreciate President Trump.:

"100 year old veteran breaks down in tears at what America has become   “The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it’s all gone down the drain”. (Video)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1663267058371444740

I'll just leave this right here...   

DeSantis does a pretty good job here explaining why military personnel love President Trump @DCPatriot  -----He comes back to it a couple of times. (Video)

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1660742523281874944

Bullshit...this sounds like something Biden would say...

Doubt it @mystery-ak    Here's what President Trump actually said:

Profile(s) in courage. Such bravery. I’m verklempt.

Here's what President Trump actually said @debrawiest   What do disagree with?

Too bad the authors of our Constitution didn't require military service as a requirement to be CinC...

Most likely the reason they didn't is the same reason they insisted the CinC be a civilian @mystery-ak

Shameful words... Denigrating the oath and cheapening the valor of our soldiers, writ in blood.

How anyone can forgive that is beyond me. What a POS.  **nononono*

Why does fighting the communists, Marxists and fascists in the United States of America trouble you so @roamer_1 ??

Offline roamer_1

Why does fighting the communists, Marxists and fascists in the United States of America trouble you so @roamer_1 ??

Well y'all ain't fighting sh*t in the first place...

And 'different but equally dangerous fire' is total bullsh*t.
What a shameful thing to say...

Move over soldiers... make room for the political bomb throwers...
Equal my ass.  *****rollingeyes*****

No where near. Not even anywhere near the same time zone.

Offline Hoodat

But especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the country they love, and to those in line of a very different, but equally dangerous fire, stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great country, which has never been in greater peril than it is right now. We must stop the communists, Marxists and fascist ‘pigs’ at every turn

Why didn't Trump do anything to stop them the four years he was in office?  Looks to me like those "who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great country" had free reign to do so while Trump was in office.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ScottinVA

“What soldiers face”

Let me guess.. Trump is harkening back to his days “in uniform” at the military school again.  Yeah, I’m sure the orange blob faced his fears bravely. /s

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Well y'all ain't fighting sh*t in the first place...

And 'different but equally dangerous fire' is total bullsh*t.
What a shameful thing to say...

Move over soldiers... make room for the political bomb throwers...
Equal my ass.  *****rollingeyes*****

No where near. Not even anywhere near the same time zone.

You are soooo FOS!   :yowsa:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

Question why didn't Trump fight Deep State the first time?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline LMAO

Why didn't Trump do anything to stop them the four years he was in office?  Looks to me like those "who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great country" had free reign to do so while Trump was in office.

Not only had free rein to do so while he was president but grew more powerful
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Donald Trump says his fight against deep state ‘equally dangerous’ to what soldiers face

by Sarah Bedford, Investigative Reporter 
May 29, 2023 03:20 PM

Former President Donald Trump’s Memorial Day message ruffled feathers when he compared his own plight to soldiers “who gave the ultimate sacrifice.”

Posting on his Truth Social network in an all-caps screed, Trump lauded those in the “equally dangerous fire” of “stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great nation.”

The message quickly drew criticism on social media for the comparison of his political situation with the tragedies of service members who have died.

Trump has a history of making controversial comments about veterans who have, throughout his political career, landed him in hot water.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/donald-trump-memorial-day-message-deep-state

:facepalm2:

Offline roamer_1

You are soooo FOS!   :yowsa:

Nope. I mean every single word of it.

Offline Kamaji

Question why didn't Trump fight Deep State the first time?

Exactly.  Particularly when he had a republican majority in Congress.

And, more to the point, given his signature failure the first time 'round, why on Earth should anyone believe that he would do anything differently in a second term?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

Nope. I mean every single word of it.

Oh...we know that.   Thus, the FOS, my friend.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

No,it is just ignorance. I personally know VN vets who never even heard a shot fired from a distance that talk about  being combat veterans,and in their minds,they really do believe it.

They don't seem to understand the difference between "could have" and "was".
And there we go entirely ignoring that a politician says what he does, or doesn't do is just as dangerous as soldiers in combat, not non combatant soldiers, but soldiers in combat. By the way freely admitting I never served but I do know that even non combatant soldiers risk injury and death in training while the biggest threat Trump risks is heart disease from his diet.

Offline Kamaji

And there we go entirely ignoring that a politician says what he does, or doesn't do is just as dangerous as soldiers in combat, not non combatant soldiers, but soldiers in combat. By the way freely admitting I never served but I do know that even non combatant soldiers risk injury and death in training while the biggest threat Trump risks is heart disease from his diet.

:thumbsup:

Online DCPatriot

IMHO, there's a surplus of stupid on the forum.

Cue Cindy Lauper...all you rabid Trump-hating hyenas are showing us your "True Colors".

Any objective non-registered Democrat liberal on the planet knows what Pres. Trump meant in his analogy.

retards....  you're all starting to piss me off. 

@sneakypete   hang in there, buddy!   :beer:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

G.I. Bone Spur fights for himself and his own self interest.

There is no comparison between the self-sacrifice of members of the military and their families, and Trump's willingness to sacrifice others for himself.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 08:52:56 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What the headline claims and what Trump said are two different things. While the messaging is off for Memorial Day I have to ask myself, "How did the J6 protesters fight against the deep state go?"
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Oh...we know that.   Thus, the FOS, my friend.

@DCPatriot

The oath of our servicemen is written in blood and stone. The blood is self explanatory, and you can see the stone next time you drive by Arlington.

Count the cost.

And then try to tell me that whatever Tumpsters think they are doing is anything even CLOSE.

Because it ain't.
Shameful bullshit against something sacred.
He should know better.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 07:04:12 pm by roamer_1 »