Author Topic: Donald Trump says his fight against deep state ‘equally dangerous’ to what soldiers face  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Hoodat

Shameful bullshit against something sacred.
He should know better.

The only thing more shameful is hearing people defend it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

What the headline claims and what Trump said are two different things.

There is a bit of a mismatch between the two but he should have just stopped after his well wish for those who sacrificed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There is a bit of a mismatch between the two but he should have just stopped after his well wish for those who sacrificed

True enough.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

I think this 100 year old veteran would agree with and appreciate President Trump.:

"100 year old veteran breaks down in tears at what America has become   “The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it’s all gone down the drain”. (Video)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1663267058371444740

Unless I missed something, he never mentions Trump :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Unless I missed something, he never mentions Trump :shrug:
The only thing you missed(probably not) was someone trying to link Trump to an actual hero, not just embarrassing but shameful **nononono*

Online corbe

I'd bet Don Jr originally posted that vile on Trump Social.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
True enough.

@LMAO   @bigheadfred

President Trump's unedited words with proper punctuation (compared to that in the meme)

"Happy Memorial Day to all...but especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the country they love.

And to those in line of a very different, but equally dangerous fire (where you could give the ultimate sacrifice) stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once-great country

...which has never been in greater peril than it is right now??

We must stop the Communists, Marxists and Fascist 'Pigs" at every turn and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think this 100 year old veteran would agree with and appreciate President Trump.:

"100 year old veteran breaks down in tears at what America has become   “The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it’s all gone down the drain”. (Video)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1663267058371444740

@Right_in_Virginia

For those of you who don't know,that medal on top of the other medals on his uniform is a Silver Star,which is an "Industrial Strength hero badge".

The US military does NOT hand these out casually. Trust me on this one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

I understand President Trump's rage.

Seeing our nation overrun & destroyed by the Anti-Christ O*ama.

Willing crawl over broken glass to vote for him in 2024!

The words he chose are disconcerting because he's speaking of "Antifa" (Fascist Pigs) among the "Communists, Marxists..."

Serious question...

In the event of an ongoing coup, where the DOJ and all the intelligence agencies have been politically corrupted...

What remedies are available to regain control of said Departments?

There HAS to be something!!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@DCPatriot

I don't have a problem with the message overall. But, I think he could have honored the fallen and left it there.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

I don't have a problem with the message overall. But, I think he could have honored the fallen and left it there.

@bigheadfred

I totally agree. 

But the fact remains here....he NEVER compared himself or any active-duty military!

And it's damned embarrassing that it has to be pointed out to fellow GOP and INDY members/regulars on the forum.

Everybody needs to Grow.T.F.U.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

I totally agree. 

But the fact remains here....he NEVER compared himself or any active-duty military!

And it's damned embarrassing that it has to be pointed out to fellow GOP and INDY members/regulars on the forum.

Everybody needs to Grow.T.F.U.

@DCPatriot

Yeah, I think the monkeys escaped the cage on this one.  :beer:

Offline Hoodat

We must stop the Communists, Marxists and Fascist 'Pigs" at every turn and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Who is "we" in the statement above, @DCPatriot - i.e. the ones he refers to with his campaign slogan?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I understand President Trump's rage.

Seeing our nation overrun & destroyed by the Anti-Christ O*ama.

Willing crawl over broken glass to vote for him in 2024!

The words he chose are disconcerting because he's speaking of "Antifa" (Fascist Pigs) among the "Communists, Marxists..."

Serious question...

In the event of an ongoing coup, where the DOJ and all the intelligence agencies have been politically corrupted...

What remedies are available to regain control of said Departments?

There HAS to be something!!

@DCPatriot

I don't enjoy writing it,but the word you are looking for is "Revolution".

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@DCPatriot

Always remember Trump is a Pu$$y.  The guy has never been in fight in his life.  If he ever stood up to a "Corn Pop" he would have told us.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Always remember Trump is a Pu$$y.  The guy has never been in fight in his life.  If he ever stood up to a "Corn Pop" he would have told us.

@Wingnut

So what?

How many valor awards have YOU received?

I am not going to vote for him to be a combat commander. I am going to vote for him in the hope that he stands up to the left,both those in the RNC as well as those in the DNC.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Wingnut

So what?

I am not going to vote for him to be a combat commander. I am going to vote for him in the hope that he stands up to the left,both those in the RNC as well as those in the DNC.

Vote for the Bone Spur draft dodger.  Bless your Nam serving heart.   

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Wingnut

So what?

July 18, 2015, then-candidate Donald Trump said this about John McCain: “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

As much as I disliked McCain, that was a freaking low blow to say. Bone Spur Trump is just a "Me Me Me" creep.

There is a slew of military folks that served that to me became traitors... (Kerry (in some fashion) and McCain).... For years there was that anti-war lady Cindy Sheehan that traveled the nation with a ex-Marine (Jimmy Massey) who told lie after lie by her side.

Thanks for your service Pete, but being in the military doesn't mean crap anymore (you say it yourself, when you said not going to vote for him to be a combat commander), it is still individual character that matters and draft dodging/cheating on your wives is fruit to judge. It is nice to have someone with some military background in case of war beyond what both Kerry and Clinton did...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 02:55:49 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline cato potatoe

He had four years to stand up to the left.  They ran circles around him.  His only victories?  Tax cuts which expire in a couple of years.  A few miles of fencing, overwhelmed by millions of illegals.  Court appointments which are being offset by Joe Biden's nominees, and will be rendered irrelevant in Biden's second term.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
July 18, 2015, then-candidate Donald Trump said this about John McCain: “He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured.

That much is true. IF that hadn't been captured,he would only  be remembered for setting a carrier deck on fire and risk losing the  carrier.

I like people who weren’t captured.”

THAT was a damn-fool thing for anyone to say. I MUCH prefer people that were captured over people that were killed,and let's face it,if you were shot down over Hanoi,what were you going to do,take out your trusty 6-shot 38 special and fight off the NVA in their home town?

As much as I disliked McCain, that was a freaking low blow to say.

I agree.

Bone Spur Trump is just a "Me Me Me" creep.

And DeSantis and every  other career national politician isn't?

being in the military doesn't mean crap anymore (you say it yourself, when you said not going to vote for him to be a combat commander), it is still individual character that matters and draft dodging/cheating on your wives is fruit to judge.

Draft dodging is one thing,and Trump is not guilty of draft-dodging,no  matter how  much  you  want it to be true.

As for character,and this applies to them ALL,not just Trump,you can NOT be a functioning president and have "clean hands". It just is not possible. The "character" comes in when a President is strong enough to do or say something that  NEEDS to be done or said,even IF he disagrees with it on moral grounds. Being a President is not about being a Saint. It is about protected and defending America and Americans to the best of your ability.

And to be honest,I SUSPECT this is why more than a few of the men we have wanted to run in the past have refused to run. They know what would be required of them,and they are not willing to do that.

Offline Hoodat

He had four years to stand up to the left.  They ran circles around him.  His only victories?  Tax cuts which expire in a couple of years.  A few miles of fencing, overwhelmed by millions of illegals.  Court appointments which are being offset by Joe Biden's nominees, and will be rendered irrelevant in Biden's second term.

The tax cuts he got from Paul Ryan.  The judicial appointments he got from Mitch McConnell.  The fence?  With a Republican House and Republican Senate, he couldn't manage to find a way to build anything even remotely representing what he promised.  With a four-year record of failing to deliver, there is no sane reason to expect anything different the next time around, especially considering that his rhetoric has shifted even further to the left from where it was in 2016.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

Trump is old news.  A hack. A loser. 

Online The_Reader_David

What fight against the deep state?

Exactly.  If Trump was worth anything, he'd have cleaned house at the FBI, CIA and NSA.  If he were really in a fight against the deep state, he'd have pardoned Snowden and directed the prosecution of Assange to be stopped.  (Remember, Snowden wanted to end up in exile in Ecuador, not Russia.  He only got stranded in Russia because the Obama administration invalidated his passport while in transit, stranding him in the Moscow airport.  Of course, Putin took the propaganda coup and offered him asylum.  And which of you, if you found yourself stuck, probably for life, in another country because of the American government's animus against you, would not take an offer of dual citizenship?)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump is old news.  A hack. A loser.

@Wingnut

Yet he is leading your boy by a YUGE amount.

Offline Hoodat

Draft dodging is one thing,and Trump is not guilty of draft-dodging,no  matter how  much  you  want it to be true.

I agree with that.  The Democrats running the war at the time gave him an out.  He took it.  Can't fault him for that.  That's simply how they did things.  Affluence bought you advantages.  That's how they've operated since 1836.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-