Author Topic: Donald Trump says his fight against deep state ‘equally dangerous’ to what soldiers face  (Read 4372 times)

Online corbe

Donald Trump says his fight against deep state ‘equally dangerous’ to what soldiers face

by Sarah Bedford, Investigative Reporter 
May 29, 2023 03:20 PM

Former President Donald Trump’s Memorial Day message ruffled feathers when he compared his own plight to soldiers “who gave the ultimate sacrifice.”

Posting on his Truth Social network in an all-caps screed, Trump lauded those in the “equally dangerous fire” of “stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great nation.”

The message quickly drew criticism on social media for the comparison of his political situation with the tragedies of service members who have died.

Trump has a history of making controversial comments about veterans who have, throughout his political career, landed him in hot water.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/donald-trump-memorial-day-message-deep-state
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

What fight against the deep state?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

They should rename his website 'Trump Social'; it has nothing to do with the TRUTH.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

They should rename his website 'Trump Social'; it has nothing to do with the TRUTH.

You do make a very valid point.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
............And there's the stupid! I understand that anyone that runs for high office, especially the Presidency is going to have a huge ego but Trump is something else entirely, oh yeah fighting the deep state(debatable) is just as dangerous with a potential for death as our enlisted in war time **nononono*

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Profile(s) in courage. Such bravery. I’m verklempt.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline berdie

Well, I do think he said that not getting a VD was like fighting in a war. wink777

Online roamer_1

Shameful words... Denigrating the oath and cheapening the valor of our soldiers, writ in blood.

And on Memorial Day of all days.

How anyone can forgive that is beyond me.
What a POS.  **nononono*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shameful words... Denigrating the oath and cheapening the valor of our soldiers, writ in blood.

And on Memorial Day of all days.

How anyone can forgive that is beyond me.
What a POS.  **nononono*

How is this better than Shortbus Joe's constantly inserting himself into every story?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

How is this better than Shortbus Joe's constantly inserting himself into every story?

Indeed, it's worse - Because he ought to know better. How many DEFCONs heard those words? Why would any of them vote for him now?

Just awful... Shameful.

Offline NavyCanDo

What fight against the deep state?

Why does it matter what threat he named?  He said his fight was equally dangerous and that is absurd and to us Veterans insulting.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's the epitome of a trash-talking fake tough guy.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bullshit...this sounds like something Biden would say...

Coming from someone who has never served.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
While his high profile has no doubt pissed off folks on the Left who would drool over the prospects of taking him put, whether like the CIA got Kennedy or with a random IED, the reality is that there is no evidence of either being employed. It has been a war of lawyers and "bombshell" revelations which either were not fused, or contained nothing when examined, just a shell of fabrications.

Descending to that level of communications does nothing to endear the candidate to me. Nothing at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

President Bone Spurs knows a Vet's pain.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Of our last five presidents three avoided completely on deferment, one was born(in Kenya) to late for a draft and one stayed home in the National Guard flying a fighter to defend American shores( *****rollingeyes*****) but at least he was in uniform albeit with daddy's assistance.

Clinton ever the POS lied about how he got out of service. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1992/02/13/clinton-releases-69-letter-on-his-draft-deferment/54942e4e-19c0-4cfd-92f0-6f63c3041c1c/

Obama born in 1961...so they claim.

Trump had bone spurs for his deferments, or did he, seems the consensus is no...https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

Biden who always talks about what a great athlete he was couldn't go because of asthma...five deferments! https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2008/08/31/deferments_asthma_kept_biden_out_of_vietnam.html

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Of our last five presidents three avoided completely on deferment, one was born(in Kenya) to late for a draft and one stayed home in the National Guard flying a fighter to defend American shores( *****rollingeyes*****) but at least he was in uniform albeit with daddy's assistance.

Clinton ever the POS lied about how he got out of service. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1992/02/13/clinton-releases-69-letter-on-his-draft-deferment/54942e4e-19c0-4cfd-92f0-6f63c3041c1c/

Obama born in 1961...so they claim.

Trump had bone spurs for his deferments, or did he, seems the consensus is no...https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

Biden who always talks about what a great athlete he was couldn't go because of asthma...five deferments! https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2008/08/31/deferments_asthma_kept_biden_out_of_vietnam.html

Too bad the authors of our Constitution didn't require military service as a requirement to be CinC...but I realize that's just be... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

This, after his psychotic easter message.  I can hardly wait for Juneteenth.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This, after his psychotic easter message.  I can hardly wait for Juneteenth.

Juneteenth and Father's day coincide. So we should get a twofer.  pillowfight33333
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
President Bone Spurs knows a Vet's pain.
He actually had a pretty good track record with Veterans and active duty troops, but this is a step over the line.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He actually had a pretty good track record with Veterans and active duty troops, but this is a step over the line.

I'm sure his non VA surgery helped him stepover the line.

Online Wingnut

You know Smokes , Forgetting Trumpoy I wonder why Dwight Eisenhower never really protected the veterans.  Shit, the dude could have done some good.  But i'm sure this is another topic question for another time..

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I'll just leave this right here...    :seeya:

edit to add:

And all you sh*tbrains can clearly see those in the seven deep rows aren't paid bleepin' actors.  :bolt:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 02:59:19 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

I'll just leave this right here...    :seeya:

edit to add:

And all you sh*tbrains can clearly see those in the seven deep rows aren't paid bleepin' actors.  :bolt:

That was then. The shit head is now. 

Offline NavyCanDo

And THIS Veteran felt my vote was earned in 2020 by Trump, but he's gone over the line too many damn  times since losing the election.   This isn't the first batshit crazy remark he's said or typed.   I've had it with him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn