General Category > General Discussion

A ‘1 in 10 million’ bison is born at Wyoming state park.

(1/2) > >>

libertybele:
A ‘1 in 10 million’ bison is born at Wyoming state park.

A rare white bison calf has been born at a Wyoming state park, officials reported.

A 2-year-old white bison gave birth to the calf at Bear River State Park near Evanston, park officials said May 16 on Facebook.

The National Bison Association told KUTV the birth of a white bison is normally a “1 in 10 million” occurrence.

In this case, it wasn’t entirely chance, park officials said.

“As the coloration is a result of a very small amount of cattle genetics mixed in rather than a fluke like albinism or leucism, it isn’t unusual that the calf is white too,” the park said............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-10-million-bison-born-144455741.html

berdie:
There was a white buffalo born in a town not far from me a couple of years ago. I made the trip to see it as they are rare and very good luck. Unfortunately, the herd surrounded him, protectively, so all I could see was a blaze of white amidst the brown herd.

The owner of the white buffalo was from the Lakota tribe. Believe this or not, but a rival tribe killed him and his mother. Who would have thought that such rivalry existed in modern times. It was quite a scandal at the time. If I can find the news story I'll post it. 

libertybele:

--- Quote from: berdie on May 29, 2023, 08:16:04 pm ---There was a white buffalo born in a town not far from me a couple of years ago. I made the trip to see it as they are rare and very good luck. Unfortunately, the herd surrounded him, protectively, so all I could see was a blaze of white amidst the brown herd.

The owner of the white buffalo was from the Lakota tribe. Believe this or not, but a rival tribe killed him and his mother. Who would have thought that such rivalry existed in modern times. It was quite a scandal at the time. If I can find the news story I'll post it.

--- End quote ---

I had thought that the white buffalo indicated the 'end of times'. ??

Smokin Joe:
A white buffalo calf is considered a sign that prayers are being heard and that prophesy is being fulfilled.

libertybele:
The white buffalo is a sacred sign in Lakota and other Plains Indians religions. Chief Arvol Looking Horse is the current keeper of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe.

The story of the pipe is that,

"Nineteen generations ago the beautiful spirit we now refer to as White Buffalo Calf Woman brought the Sacred C’anupa (Sacred Pipe) to our People. She taught the People the Seven Sacred Rites and how to walk on Mother Earth in a sacred manner. Pte-san win-yan. As she left, she turned into a young beautiful white buffalo and then she walked over the hill and out of sight. This is where she received her name, White Buffalo Calf Woman. She gifted us with the Seven Sacred Rites that still sustain our People today. The person who smokes the sacred pipe achieves union with all Beings. By smoking this C’anupa, you will make direct personal contact with the Great Mystery. . . Following the Way of this Sacred C’anupa, you will walk in a sacred way upon the earth, for the Earth is your grandmother and your mother and she is sacred. . .″
    — Chief Arvol Looking Horse

The story is also a prophecy. White Buffalo Calf Woman told the people that she would return in the form of a white buffalo calf and that it would be both a blessing and a warning. When the white animal shows its sacred color there will be great changes upon the earth. The births in the early 1990s and 2000s of white buffalo calves were seen by indigenous Americans to be worrying portents. Arvol and many others interpret those changes to mean the current ecological crises taking place. If humanity continues to live without harmony with the earth it will be cursed, but if spiritual unity and harmony with the earth is achieved humanity will be blessed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_buffalo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version