Author Topic: Trump said he's 'just going to say nice things' about fellow presidential candidate Tim Scott: repor  (Read 869 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Business Insider
Trump said he's 'just going to say nice things' about fellow presidential candidate Tim Scott: report
Story by insider@insider.com (John L. Dorman) • Yesterday 3:09 PM

Trump had kind words for Tim Scott in the lead-up to the senator's WH campaign launch, per The Times.

"I like him. We're just going to say nice things about Tim," Trump reportedly told the newspaper.

While Trump has shown kindness to Scott, he's gone full speed ahead in attacking Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Former President Donald Trump for months has scorched Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida over his now-declared presidential campaign, calling his onetime ally "disloyal" and dismissing the ex-congressman's readiness for national office.

But on the opposite end, Trump has had nothing but kind words for Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, whom he worked with during his term in the White House.

And according to a recent New York Times report, Trump still had positive feelings regarding Scott in the lead-up to the conservative lawmaker launching his presidential campaign last week.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-said-he-s-just-going-to-say-nice-things-about-fellow-presidential-candidate-tim-scott-report/ar-AA1bOauz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=32c161eb379f4f398569c0bee7861a51&ei=2
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Duh ... for one he's Black and the would be a great mistake to go ballastic on him and obviously Trump doesn't see him as a threat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Duh ... for one he's Black and the would be a great mistake to go ballastic on him and obviously Trump doesn't see him as a threat.
VP aspirations.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sorry, don't believe it, Trump is incapable of restraining his inner child tantrums.

Offline Idiot

Sorry, don't believe it, Trump is incapable of restraining his inner child tantrums.
If Scott was a threat it wouldn't matter if he were purple, Trump would unmercifully trash him.  That's just what he does.  I sure am glad Trump became a Christian and stopped all of this nonsense.  happy77
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 07:13:30 pm by Jack Russell »

Offline cato potatoe

He was nice to Ben Carson, until the Iowa polling shifted.  Then he declared Carson's "pathological temper" to be incurable, like the sickness of a child molester.

Offline libertybele

He was nice to Ben Carson, until the Iowa polling shifted.  Then he declared Carson's "pathological temper" to be incurable, like the sickness of a child molester.

I had forgotten all about that.  So ... we'll see what Trump does if Scott gains some popularity.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

That made me so darn mad.

I got so upset and angry in 2016 over the name calling I didn't even watch several of the debates. (yes, I voted for him)  I see the same thing shaping up for 2024. It makes me sad.

Offline DB

That made me so darn mad.

I got so upset and angry in 2016 over the name calling I didn't even watch several of the debates. (yes, I voted for him)  I see the same thing shaping up for 2024. It makes me sad.

If we reward it, we'll get more of it.

Offline roamer_1

If we reward it, we'll get more of it.

That is precisely right - You get more of what you vote *for*.

Offline NavyCanDo

If Tim Scott moves up in the polls to the #2 position the niceness ends there.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If Tim Scott moves up in the polls to the #2 position the niceness ends there.

Wouldn't the President be perfectly okay with RDS slipping to number 3  :pondering:

Offline Idiot

Wouldn't the President be perfectly okay with RDS slipping to number 3  :pondering:
You missed a couple of things....  The TWICE impeached EX-President.

Offline Kamaji

So now Trump is pandering to blacks; how very liberal of him.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So now Trump is pandering to blacks; how very liberal of him.
Pandering? Yeah but also pretty much saying he is going to lay off Scott because he doesn't think Scott can keep up.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump is keeping Scott in his back pocket as a potential VP running mate.

Trump is only being nice because he doesn't see Scott as a direct threat ... yet.

Trump turns on his "friends" like a rabid cobra.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright