Author Topic: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon  (Read 9072 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2023, 12:43:20 am »
I like DeSantis and he's been a good governor for the most part and certainly is moving in the direction of a conservative.

However, I will never give him a free pass.  Never.  He has to earn my vote and if it turns out he's not who he says he is -- he will lose my vote.

It is very early in this campaign season -- we've got a long way to go till '24.

That's right... And BTW, I was super critical of certain aspects of Reagan's administration in real time too... He ain't a god, he's a man, warts and all.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2023, 12:44:41 am »
@sneakypete

Yeah... TikTok uses the same argument. As did Twitter.
Good, bad, or indifferent, actual players should be declared.

We make that same complaint about the main stream media.  Shouldn't they have to declare themselves as an adjunct of the Democrat Party?  No different here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2023, 12:47:03 am »
We make that same complaint about the main stream media.  Shouldn't they have to declare themselves as an adjunct of the Democrat Party?  No different here.

That's right. And it ain't a matter of privacy either... No one is outing anyone, beyond that declaration.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2023, 01:29:18 am »
That's right. And it ain't a matter of privacy either... No one is outing anyone, beyond that declaration.

That's exactly right.

I asked a simple question, one that I have been thinking about since 2016...a simple yes or no would have sufficed... I have been curious how someone can support and defend the indefensible...and come prepared with data and talking points every day....and sometimes attacking other posters who don't agree with them....that MUST STOP!

I have NEVER asked a member for any personal info and I never will. If you want to share that info with fellow members we have The Lounge where no politics is allowed..where we share our daily life experiences...and I hope have a little fun.

This whole topic has been blown out of proportion..there is nothing sinister going on.

@jmyrlefuller what an excellent post you made..you should all read it if you haven't already.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,501110.msg2841004.html#msg2841004

This is all I have to say on the matter.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 01:36:57 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2023, 01:31:26 am »
@mystery-ak

Well,if THAT is true,don't we also know who is being pimped out by the DeSantis campaign? Seems to ME there are more of them here  throwing around  accussations than there are Trump supporters,so I want to know "Are they DeSantis Tools?"

OR......,maybe we could just let people be themselves and make up our own minds if THEY are right or wrong about  any particular issue?

MUST we go full-on "Huffington Post"?

PAID was the operative word that you omitted @sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2023, 01:46:45 am »

PAID was the operative word that you omitted @sneakypete

@corbe

What difference does it make if they were paid,or doing it on their own,when the end result is the same?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2023, 01:53:16 am »
Well stated, @jmyrlefuller .

Ditto -- I am just now catching up and reading all the 'ruckus' that has been created.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2023, 01:56:38 am »
    Next we'll have Phizer azzholes paid to be in here pedaling their drugs, where do you draw the line? @sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2023, 02:10:12 am »
If this forum granted total anonymity to everybody who posted here, it'd be overloaded with trolls and spam.

The fact is, you have a username. You have an identity. You also have an IP address that, if the administrators wanted to, they could trace.

I get the desire for privacy in certain aspects of one's life. I don't use my first name on this forum—at least the public side of it—for that reason.

But any message board out there operates on the premise of good faith: that generally, people who post on there are who they say they are, and any ulterior motives for posting are publicly known. If someone is getting paid to post propaganda, and denying/obfuscating that fact, that's bad faith. I can assure you that I'm in no way important enough to have any political candidates or organizations paying me to carry their water, not that I could do that with a clear conscience.

If you're a paid operative or a Russian-backed agent of chaos, please say so. Your statement of "opinions that are an alternative to the majority of posters" is remarkably similar to the approach taken by RT, Russia's former propaganda arm here in America, so that would be consistent. Yet I can only speculate.

If you don't want to reveal your funding/sources, that's your decision—but don't complain when we assume the worst.
:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2023, 02:12:29 am »
At this point what difference does it make?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2023, 02:40:03 am »
@corbe

What difference does it make if they were paid,or doing it on their own,when the end result is the same?

It should make a difference @sneakypete - and I believe to most, it does. If someone is a paid shill for a campaign, they are just using you as a foil to influence the many guests and visitors to the site. They really do not care about your position or opinion on a matter - just that it gives them a platform to espouse the company line to influence or sway others.

That is not the premise of this forum.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2023, 02:49:19 am »
It should make a difference @sneakypete - and I believe to most, it does. If someone is a paid shill for a campaign, they are just using you as a foil to influence the many guests and visitors to the site. They really do not care about your position or opinion on a matter - just that it gives them a platform to espouse the company line to influence or sway others.

What total PREDICTIBLE wishy-washy bullshit, @Lando Lincoln

Shame on you!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2023, 02:49:50 am »
Well...

If she's a paid operative then we all know if she made any criticism of Trump she'd be out on her ass - because no criticism is tolerated. And I don't believe I've ever seen an actual criticism of him from her in the 7 ish years I've been here. Not one.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 02:50:44 am by DB »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2023, 02:50:57 am »

Shame on you!

Indeed.
John Steinbeck

Offline DB

« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2023, 02:51:21 am »

Shame on you!

That's rich coming from you...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2023, 02:58:39 am »
That's rich coming from you...

There's nothing wishy-washy about me and you know it.

Sick and damned tired of all this virtue-signaling nonsense.

I understand that "The Internet is Forever", but if you can't post your honest opinion, you can stick it up your ass!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2023, 03:05:56 am »

Shame on you!
Seriously? It might have been predictable, in the sense that if someone is acting like a paid operative, knowing it would be nice, but I fail to see where it is wishy-washy bullshit.

It's a simple enough question; yes or no?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2023, 03:06:50 am »

@Lando Lincoln

I wasn't aware we were discussing the premise of this forum. I thought we were discussing the "Pro-DeSantis" versus the "Pro-Trump campaigns.

The purpose of this,and most other forums is to discuss the issues,even though lately the issues seem to take a back seat to the Popularity Contest that is going on.

The truth of the matter is that if you really  look at the threads,the most popular ones are about pets,children,and similar subjects.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2023, 03:11:32 am »
Seriously? It might have been predictable, in the sense that if someone is acting like a paid operative, knowing it would be nice, but I fail to see where it is wishy-washy bullshit.

It's a simple enough question; yes or no?

Goddamnit!   This is Amanda, we're talking about.

When she speaks, she is RIV...the same one has had her own opinion here for a decade, plus!

If she were a minister in her personal life, would that make her opinions on faith or politics any less legitimate?

When we talk about rocks and geology, we don't question you or @Lando Lincoln do we?

So suggest you all STFU and use your scroll bar.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2023, 03:17:37 am »
@Lando Lincoln

I wasn't aware we were discussing the premise of this forum. I thought we were discussing the "Pro-DeSantis" versus the "Pro-Trump campaigns.

The purpose of this,and most other forums is to discuss the issues,even though lately the issues seem to take a back seat to the Popularity Contest that is going on.

The truth of the matter is that if you really  look at the threads,the most popular ones are about pets,children,and similar subjects.

I appreciate that, @sneakypete!  I love the Pet Thread and the Memes.

But I have a special view, a unique one.  I am one of the two Admins here, and my primary responsibility is to TBR, as a whole Forum.  I have to pay attention to these squabbles and how they affect the Forum Members.

I must be careful to not take sides, and my adherence to this principle can be bloody difficult at times.  I slip my lane sometimes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2023, 03:20:47 am »
I appreciate that, @sneakypete!  I love the Pet Thread and the Memes.

But I have a special view, a unique one.  I am one of the two Admins here, and my primary responsibility is to TBR, as a whole Forum.  I have to pay attention to these squabbles and how they affect the Forum Members.

I must be careful to not take sides, and my adherence to this principle can be bloody difficult at times.  I slip my lane sometimes.

I don't give a single shit, @Cyber Liberty  Shame on you and shame on your entire phony "mod" force.

You can't demand anybody to dox themselves just because they have a consistent POV/stance on a subject/candidate.

Can't believe you're even at this point.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 03:21:56 am by DCPatriot »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2023, 03:22:59 am »
I don't give a single shit, @Cyber Liberty  Shame on you and shame on your entire phony "mod" force.

You can't demand anybody to dox themselves just because they have a consistent POV/stance on a subject/candidate.

Can't believe you're even at this point.

I yam what I yam.  Sorry to disappoint. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2023, 03:25:49 am »
Goddamnit!   This is Amanda, we're talking about.

When she speaks, she is RIV...the same one has had her own opinion here for a decade, plus!

If she were a minister in her personal life, would that make her opinions on faith or politics any less legitimate?

When we talk about rocks and geology, we don't question you or @Lando Lincoln do we?

So suggest you all STFU and use your scroll bar.

Honestly @DCPatriot… there was nothing personal to my post. In any way. Period. But, feel free to accuse me personally.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2023, 03:31:14 am »
Honestly @DCPatriot… there was nothing personal to my post. In any way. Period. But, feel free to accuse me personally.

Don't play that game...am sick and tired of it.

Your total schtick on forums is one of the gentle wise sage, taking great pains not to throw jabs.

Doxxing is wrong.  And demanding they dox themselves supports any accusation and/or charge.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 04:01:35 am by DCPatriot »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2023, 03:31:46 am »
@corbe

Because on a discussion board, it's not really the "end result" that matters -- it's the process of getting there.  Having decent discussions with others is the actual goal.  If someone is being paid to push particular opinions, that means they are not open to good arguments, or to admitting when they are wrong, etc..  It's basically a guarantee that they are arguing in bad fait that will say things they know to be false simply because they are getting paid.

All that being said, I would be surprised if @Right_in_Virginia  is actually getting paid.  Because if she was the type of person to be pushing a candidate while being paid and not disclosing that fact, why wouldn't she just lie and say "I am not being paid"? None of us could disprove that, and it would end that topic.  I take her refusal to say as one based on principal rather than a desire to conceal that fact.

I could be wrong, but that's how it seems to me.