Author Topic: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon  (Read 9075 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2023, 01:37:18 am »
Well here's the problem with that, and it starts with Trump.

Dale Carnegie's 30 Principles To Win Friends & Influence People
[...]

I'm not sure how many of these Trump ever follows, but it sure is easy to pick the ones he fails at. :silly: :silly: File it under when your ego is so big that you keep tripping over it.

Heh... Yeah... Might take a little fine tunin'.  :silly:

:beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2023, 01:40:45 am »
@GtHawk

Well,if you want to win friends,the way to do that is to be a polite politician that is just like every other politician and not make any waves.

The way to effect change is CLEARLY to keep doing what you have been doing most of your life,and continue to vote for the guy just like the last guy that lost.

@sneakypete

Your arguments might matter if Tumpy effected any change... OTHER THAN growing government and removing liberty....

Other than that... nothing. You come before us with an empty hand.  :shrug:

Online corbe

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2023, 01:45:09 am »
@Hoodat

You must be a VERY sensitive fellow,because I THINK there might be MAYBE 4 or 5 hardcore Trump supporters posting here,and a whole damn PACK of DeSantis lunatics.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2023, 01:50:14 am »
Himself.  A walking talking lying POS.

Unlike DeSantified,and every other professional pol that has ever lived,right?

But then that is why you like him.

With ALL due respect,ESAD.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2023, 01:51:55 am »
@GtHawk

Well,if you want to win friends,the way to do that is to be a polite politician that is just like every other politician and not make any waves.

The way to effect change is CLEARLY to keep doing what you have been doing most of your life,and continue to vote for the guy just like the last guy that lost.
Explain to me what exactly that Trump accomplished during his term remains? Almost everything he accomplished was by EO, and yes I agree he accomplished good things...where are they now? erased day one by Biden because the great deal maker with his New York confrontational style could not get anything worked out with congress during the two years the republicans held everything.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein. Think about that because re-electing Trump with his leadership style of name calling insults and denigration and expecting to get anything accomplished by passing laws(if we keep congress and take the senate) is the very definition of insanity.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2023, 01:53:24 am »
The stench coming from a rotting Trump corpse will continue to drive voters to other options.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2023, 01:55:28 am »

Well about everything but the LUNATIC part 000hehehehe

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2023, 03:11:36 am »
FWIW, which isn't much, If Trump would shut up with the insulting names and run on his own victories he could have a winning platform.

All the man has to do is list his successful EOs that were shut down or copycatted by Biden.

What victories??  He gave us judges that the Federalist Society picked for him, and a tax bill written by Paul Ryan and rammed through Congress by Ryan and McConnell.

The rest of it was all fleeting EO's easily reversed by the biggest legacy Trump left, which was Biden/Harris and a Democrat Congress.

Trump lacked the brains to understand how the Administrative state works, and so was beaten easily by it.  He also lacked the interpersonal skills necessary to build coalitions to pass meaningful reform, and finally, he lacked the judgement to appoint and empower competent subordinates.

I read a lot of MAGA types defend Trump by saying "he obviously speaks in hyperbole, so you shouldn't judge him by his literal words."

The problem is his promises are all empty hyperbole as well.  He didn't drain the Swamp, he didn't appoint "only the best people", and he didn't "Make America Great Again.". His incompetence and massive personal flaws handed us over to the worst Administration in history, and if his alleged greatness can be undone that easily, it must not have been great at all.

The aftermath of a second Trump term would make Biden/Harris look like Reagan.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 03:30:50 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2023, 03:27:01 am »
Explain to me what exactly that Trump accomplished during his term remains? Almost everything he accomplished was by EO, and yes I agree he accomplished good things...where are they now? erased day one by Biden because the great deal maker with his New York confrontational style could not get anything worked out with congress during the two years the republicans held everything.

@GtHawk

Let's see,you are blaming Trump for Congress overturning his accomplishments?????

GOOD thinking!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein.

Like voting for the "establishment candidate like always" Once again,"Good thinking!"

Think about that because re-electing Trump with his leadership style of name calling insults and denigration and expecting to get anything accomplished by passing laws(if we keep congress and take the senate) is the very definition of insanity.

You are right,of course. What we need is a gentleman in the WH. Somebody like one of the Bush clan?

Doing the same thing over and over that has always failed is a sign of insanity.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2023, 03:45:43 am »
Like voting for the "establishment candidate like always" Once again,"Good thinking!"

You are right,of course. What we need is a gentleman in the WH. Somebody like one of the Bush clan?

Doing the same thing over and over that has always failed is a sign of insanity.

Alright @sneakypete ... Understand this:

The ONLY ones who have ever moved the needle to the Right have been Conservative movements and Conservative people.

Name the populist who has ever got anything done. Go ahead. I'll wait. Make a list.

Doing the same thing over and over is putting populists, or NEOCons, or liberals in there, expecting them to move us to the right.

The rare exception and the actual working end of the spear is Conservatives.

Right now we have the chance to put an actual TEA Party Conservative in there. A guy who has proven himself as both a Congressman and a governor. A guy who is not afraid to go against powerful corporations and liberal influences - Again, proven, and largely successfully.

That is not 'an establishment candidate like always'.

That is a Conservative.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 03:47:08 am by roamer_1 »

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2023, 04:17:02 am »

Let's see,you are blaming Trump for Congress overturning his accomplishments?????

GOOD thinking!
I think I was more than clear on my part, Trump was unable to work with a republican congress(remember that first two years?) to achieve anything by getting laws enacted, the operative word is laws. Everything Trump got done was by EO which BIDEN overturned/erased in the first minutes of his residency.

Silly Rabbit, Trump is the establishment candidate that you are pushing

I never once said we need a gentlemen, but Trump's style of insult, antagonism and childishness is a big reason he didn't get anything done with his congressional majority...It's just not the same as being the top dog of your own company where you fire people if they don't do as you say(which oddly enough Mr. your fired just couldn't pull the trigger as President) In government you have to work with people and Trump didn't. Aren't you ever going to get past your orange man bad, rich person envy, Bush baloney and make substantive arguments?

Every day Trump with his childish vindictiveness, outright lies and stupid statements as he made today about Veterans drives more conservatives away from him, but I guess it's OK since more than once we have been told that Trump doesn't need us...more like Trump doesn't want us, I guess that's why he does what he does.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2023, 11:35:03 am »
I see your point, XXXX, but I don't give a rat's ass about his personality. The world is loaded with megalomaniacs in charge . All I care about is what he does and did as president. Considering the fact that he has been seriously attacked and maligned since announcing his candidacy, he is not the same as he was before and much of what he has become has been a reaction to the barrage of the vilification.

That might be a legitimate argument if Trump had, in fact, gotten anything done.  But he didn't.  He got a few little tokens accomplished here and there, but for the most part, he revelled in making enemies and pissing people off - including the people whose support he needed to get anything done.

And, for the record, the three Supreme Court justices were not his accomplishment - that was McConnell and the Federalist Society, with Trump playing the Bidenesque role of shutting up and doing what he's told, no doubt because he was promised all of the credit - and neither were the 2017 tax reforms - those were the brainchild of Paul Ryan and Co.

The wall would have been an authentic Trump accomplishment, but because he couldn't stop himself from making enemies and alienating the people whose support he needed, whatever he did was through executive order, which was promptly undone by Biden.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2023, 10:55:25 pm »

GOOD thinking!
I think I was more than clear on my part, Trump was unable to work with a republican congress(remember that first two years?) to achieve anything by getting laws enacted, the operative word is laws.

"ALLEGED Republican congress"

Everything Trump got done was by EO which BIDEN overturned/erased in the first minutes of his residency.
[/color]

So,it would have been better to not  do that at all?

One of us is silly,and it's not me.

I never once said we need a gentlemen, but Trump's style of insult, antagonism and childishness is a big reason he didn't get anything done with his congressional majority...It's just not the same as being the top dog of your own company where you fire people if they don't do as you say(which oddly enough Mr. your fired just couldn't pull the trigger as President) In government you have to work with people and Trump didn't. Aren't you ever going to get past your orange man bad, rich person envy, Bush baloney and make substantive arguments?

"Rude Orange Man,blah,blah,blah."

What we need is a Presidential candidate with manners,huh?

Maybe Jeb Bush will run?

Every day Trump with his childish vindictiveness, outright lies and stupid statements as he made today about Veterans drives more conservatives away from him, but I guess it's OK since more than once we have been told that Trump doesn't need us...more like Trump doesn't want us, I guess that's why he does what he does.
[/color]

Are you  "Miss Manners" in "real life?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2023, 11:13:48 pm »
DeSantis has an actual chance to be elected President, if even ever so slight.  Trump has ZERO chance.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2023, 12:59:44 am »
DeSantis has an actual chance to be elected President, if even ever so slight.  Trump has ZERO chance.

Agreed.  The man is toxic waste.  The EPA should declare him a waste dump and clean his slime up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2023, 01:05:13 am »
Agreed.  The man is toxic waste.  The EPA should declare him a waste dump and clean his slime up.

@Wingnut

I hope  you enjoy Biden's second term,as he give it to you "good and hard"!"

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2023, 01:44:48 am »

This cannot be emphasized enough.  It was that way in 2016.  It was that way in 2020.  And it will be that way in 2024.  Whatever it takes to hold in check the real threat - Conservatism.  Now, let's make sure we keep backing the McCarthys, the McConnells, and the McDaniels of the GOP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2023, 02:48:54 am »
[/color]

So,it would have been better to not  do that at all?

One of us is silly,and it's not me.

"Rude Orange Man,blah,blah,blah."

What we need is a Presidential candidate with manners,huh?

Maybe Jeb Bush will run?

Are you  "Miss Manners" in "real life?
Are never not going to excuse every failure by Trump by throwing insults at the person that points them out?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2023, 03:19:27 am »
Are never not going to excuse every failure by Trump by throwing insults at the person that points them out?

@GtHawk

You are confusing insults with reality.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2023, 03:31:19 am »
@GtHawk

You are confusing insults with reality.

Take another toke.  You are over the line

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 04:10:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2023, 04:07:07 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2023, 04:07:17 am »
Sounds like you're perfectly fine with using proven and rampant government fraud, corruption, sedition, tyrannical lawfare and denial of Constitutionally guaranteed rights against someone you don't happen to like ---- and enjoy snuggling in bed with Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Schiff, Liz Cheney, Kinzinger, Wray, Comey, McCabe and Garland, et al.

You may yet be named a founding father of the Fascist wing of the "principled conservative" movement.
You have ignored an incredible body of posts to draw a conclusion not supported by evidence.  **nononono*

Please cease soiling the forum with tired false dichotomies.

If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic Sport, some people would be a shoo-in for Gold.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2023, 04:13:15 am »

Jason Miller
@JasonMillerinDC
·
Follow
“A 27-point swing…”

I want you to remember this tweet when DeSantis repeats that against Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2023, 04:19:54 am »
I want you to remember this tweet when DeSantis repeats that against Trump.

@Hoodat

You are starting to sound like the ultimate "fan boi".

Then again,desperation is rarely pretty.