Author Topic: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon  (Read 9302 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don? By Alicia Colon
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2023, 04:21:21 am »
@Hoodat

You are starting to sound like the ultimate "fan boi".

Then again,desperation is rarely pretty.

You've been sniffing Trump's jock for years, yet I'm the "fan boi"?  Yeah, right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2023, 04:22:48 am »
You've been sniffing Trump's jock for years, yet I'm the "fan boi"?  Yeah, right.

@Hoodat

Not only desperate,but a liar to boot.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2023, 04:25:06 am »
You have ignored an incredible body of posts to draw a conclusion not supported by evidence.  **nononono*

I assure you I have not; quite the opposite, in fact.  The body of evidence has become too large to ignore.  Far too many self-proclaimed "principled conservatives" are just fine with, damn near grateful for, the Obama led seditious lawfare against Donald Trump (and his supporters) and are rooting for it to finally remove Trump from the election roster ----- something their preferred candidate, Ron DeSantis, cannot do without the help of relentless, illegal lawfare.

If this upsets you, it should.  But, point your anger at them, not at me.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 04:31:46 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2023, 04:26:57 am »
@Hoodat

Not only desperate,but a liar to boot.

Ok, then set me straight.  How many years have you been sniffing his jock?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2023, 04:29:29 am »
I assure you I have not; quite the opposite, in fact.  The body of evidence has become too large to ignore.  Far too many self-proclaimed "principled conservatives" are just fine with, damn near grateful for, the Obama led seditious lawfare against Donald Trump (and his supporters) and are rooting for it to finally remove him from the election roster -----

Speaking of lies. 

Did you ever consider that Trump himself was extremely ineffective at dealing with this seditious lawfare while in office?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2023, 04:47:57 am »
This has been stated countless times already, but this is why Conservatives here don't support Trump:

1)  Because Trump isn't a Conservative

2)  Because he ran up more debt in four years than any other President in US history

3)  Because he is in bed with the GOP Establishment

4)  Because he saved the political career of Mitch McConnell, sticking a knife in the back of the TEA Party

5)  Because he is naive and inept when it comes to politics.  He allowed the James Comeys, Christopher Wrays, and Anthony Faucis of the world run roughshod over himself and the American people.

6)  And most importantly of all, because of all the false character assassinations, attacks, and other lies his sycophants throw at us on a constant basis.

Every single time I hear another one of these ridiculously false accusations thrown my way by some Trump zealot, it makes me want to vote against him even more.  If Trump wants Conservative support, then he should start adopting Conservative positions.  But the truth of the matter is that his sycophants don't want Conservative support.  From the first day I joined this forum, I have been told as a Conservative that my vote wasn't wanted or needed, at the same time being blamed for every shortcoming that Trump has.  So keep it up, @Right_in_Virginia , @DCPatriot , et al.  You are poison to the Trump brand.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2023, 06:39:31 am »
Ok, then set me straight.  How many years have you been sniffing his jock?

@Hoodat

ESAD,MF.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2023, 07:09:52 am »
This has been stated countless times already, but this is why Conservatives here don't support Trump:

1)  Because Trump isn't a Conservative

2)  Because he ran up more debt in four years than any other President in US history

3)  Because he is in bed with the GOP Establishment

4)  Because he saved the political career of Mitch McConnell, sticking a knife in the back of the TEA Party

5)  Because he is naive and inept when it comes to politics.  He allowed the James Comeys, Christopher Wrays, and Anthony Faucis of the world run roughshod over himself and the American people.

6)  And most importantly of all, because of all the false character assassinations, attacks, and other lies his sycophants throw at us on a constant basis.  my bold

Every single time I hear another one of these ridiculously false accusations thrown my way by some Trump zealot, it makes me want to vote against him even more.  If Trump wants Conservative support, then he should start adopting Conservative positions.  But the truth of the matter is that his sycophants don't want Conservative support.  From the first day I joined this forum, I have been told as a Conservative that my vote wasn't wanted or needed, at the same time being blamed for every shortcoming that Trump has.  So keep it up, @Right_in_Virginia , @DCPatriot , et al.  You are poison to the Trump brand.

@Hoodat

IOW...you're admitting that you're all just a bunch of whiny bass turds!   Grow TFU!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2023, 11:03:44 am »
@Hoodat

IOW...you're admitting that you're all just a bunch of whiny bass turds!   Grow TFU!

QED.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2023, 12:54:28 pm »
@Hoodat

That approach cannot build an effective political coalition, and if that approach becomes the dominant one in the GOP, it is doomed to defeat by left.

Never forget that the biggest, most important legacy of Trump's first term was handing us over to Biden/Harris and a Democratic Congress.  A major part of the reason why is Trump's deliberately dumbed-down and deliberately offensive style.

Which means that Trump and Trumpism has to be consigned to the ashheap of history before we have a shot at stopping them with actions rather than just infantile words and tantrums.

Name calling people as snowflakes or whatever doesn't change the inarguable reality of how people react to the guy.  He wears on people.  As @Hoodat pointed out, it actually makes the turn-off even stronger.  Saying "quit being so easily offended" isn't going to change the reality that tens of millions are offended, and that it will impact their vote.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 01:23:46 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2023, 02:50:44 pm »
It's his shtick. He pisses everybody off. It's what he does. He's a chaos con.

It's no surprise he receives retaliation. And since he even has pissed off his own, no one is there to stand with him... Except for his adoring horde... Which is worthless in his defense, politically or legally.

Has he been treated badly? Sure. So has literally every other Republican president and governor and congressman and senator... Even those named McCain.

Has he been treated worse than most? Sure. But that is in large part due to his own confrontational style.
:thumbsup:

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2023, 02:59:03 pm »
We tried Trump.  It left a bad aftertaste.

We're willing to try Ron "Diet Trump" DeSantis to see if it has a better taste.

There's always the possibility of an RC Cola or Dr Pepper candidate entering the GOP Primary.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2023, 03:01:05 pm »
What victories??  He gave us judges that the Federalist Society picked for him, and a tax bill written by Paul Ryan and rammed through Congress by Ryan and McConnell.

The rest of it was all fleeting EO's easily reversed by the biggest legacy Trump left, which was Biden/Harris and a Democrat Congress.

Trump lacked the brains to understand how the Administrative state works, and so was beaten easily by it.  He also lacked the interpersonal skills necessary to build coalitions to pass meaningful reform, and finally, he lacked the judgement to appoint and empower competent subordinates.

I read a lot of MAGA types defend Trump by saying "he obviously speaks in hyperbole, so you shouldn't judge him by his literal words."

The problem is his promises are all empty hyperbole as well.  He didn't drain the Swamp, he didn't appoint "only the best people", and he didn't "Make America Great Again.". His incompetence and massive personal flaws handed us over to the worst Administration in history, and if his alleged greatness can be undone that easily, it must not have been great at all.

The aftermath of a second Trump term would make Biden/Harris look like Reagan.
  :amen:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2023, 03:03:35 pm »
DeSantis has an actual chance to be elected President, if even ever so slight.  Trump has ZERO chance.
Yes. Big time. Even Bigly.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2023, 03:32:51 pm »
Please excuse the interruption, you'll be returned to your regularly scheduled fantasies shortly ----

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Morning Consult: Who do you think would do a better job handling...?

The Economy
Trump — 71% (+52)
DeSantis — 19%

Immigration
Trump — 70% (+50)
DeSantis — 20%

Foreign Policy
Trump — 69% (+49)
DeSantis — 20%

Protecting Medicare and Social Security
Trump — 60 (+35)
DeSantis — 25%

https://t.co/ufk1F9fLsu

9:19 AM · May 31, 2023

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Republicans - Who has the best chance of winning 2024 Presidential Election?

NBC/YouGov
Trump — 59% (+32)
DeSantis — 27%

Monmouth
Donald Trump — 63% (+31)
Someone else — 32%

YouGov/Economist
Trump — 58% (+31)
DeSantis — 27%

7:40 PM · May 30, 2023

Online Kamaji

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2023, 03:43:06 pm »
Please excuse the interruption, you'll be returned to your regularly scheduled fantasies shortly ----

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Morning Consult: Who do you think would do a better job handling...?

The Economy
Trump — 71% (+52)
DeSantis — 19%

Immigration
Trump — 70% (+50)
DeSantis — 20%

Foreign Policy
Trump — 69% (+49)
DeSantis — 20%

Protecting Medicare and Social Security
Trump — 60 (+35)
DeSantis — 25%

https://t.co/ufk1F9fLsu

9:19 AM · May 31, 2023

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

Republicans - Who has the best chance of winning 2024 Presidential Election?

NBC/YouGov
Trump — 59% (+32)
DeSantis — 27%

Monmouth
Donald Trump — 63% (+31)
Someone else — 32%

YouGov/Economist
Trump — 58% (+31)
DeSantis — 27%

7:40 PM · May 30, 2023

:mauslaff:

What happened to that Big Red Wave the polls were all predicting for the 2022 elections?

Polls are about as useful as Trump's promises right about now.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2023, 03:45:26 pm »
Like most everything, with polls you get what you pay for.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2023, 03:46:14 pm »

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

What did the poll numbers look like for the Jesus - Barabbas contest in Jerusalem?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2023, 04:00:28 pm »
We tried Trump.  It left a bad aftertaste.

We're willing to try Ron "Diet Trump" DeSantis to see if it has a better taste.

There's always the possibility of an RC Cola or Dr Pepper candidate entering the GOP Primary.

:thumbsup:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2023, 04:05:38 pm »
Et tu, Brutus!
Bluto...not Brutus.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2023, 04:12:37 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2023, 04:21:20 pm »

Polls are about as useful as Trump's promises right about now.

Protip:  Keep this handy ----

Online Kamaji

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2023, 04:25:34 pm »
Protip:  Keep this handy ----

If DeSantis is such a nothingburger for the Orange Turd, why are you letting him live rent-free in your head?

To be perfectly honest, I still expect the Orange Turd to get the nomination, and to then go on to lose the general election, so your fear and panic means little to me.