Author Topic: No, AP, A 1.5°C Temperature Rise Won’t Cause “…Death, Destruction and Damage”  (Read 129 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, AP, A 1.5°C Temperature Rise Won’t Cause “…Death, Destruction and Damage”
By Anthony Watts -May 26, 20230

A May 17, 2023 story by The Associated Press (AP) climate reporter Seth Borenstein received wide pickup worldwide by multiple media outlets. Titled, “The likelihood that Earth briefly hits key warming threshold grows bigger and closer, UN forecasts,” the article claims that Earth will experience “…death, destruction and damage to global ecosystems” due to the coming El Niño event expected this summer. The claim is wrong because Earth has already experienced that level of warming in modern history, and global temperature data shows it occurring, with none of those deleterious effects evident.

The claim of impending doom is based on a single study, titled “Exceeding 1.5°C global warming could trigger multiple climate tipping points.”  AP and many other news outlets are treating the study’s speculative claims as proven, as they anticipate that the forecast El Niño induced warming will push Earth past that temperature value this year. Previously, Climate Realism covered the topic of hitting the 1.5°C temperature threshold in “Media Can’t Agree on the Number of Climate Tipping Points, Much less When.”

The media claims there will be future disaster on a temperature rise of 1.5°C – the problem is, they don’t seem to realize that this threshold has already been passed.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/05/no-ap-a-1-5c-temperature-rise-wont-cause-death-destruction-and-damage/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji